Americans both support unions and right to work laws (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:11:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Americans both support unions and right to work laws (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Americans both support unions and right to work laws  (Read 4495 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 29, 2014, 02:04:05 PM »
« edited: August 29, 2014, 02:19:26 PM by They call me PR »

Most Americans (ie non-rich people) are more aligned with the policy platform of the Democratic Party. They just don't know it-or rather, they haven't made the connection between specific policies that they approve of and the fact that the Democratic Party is more supportive of said policies.

Not necessarily their fault, either; most people don't have the  time or inclination to understand the technical nuances or implications of Obamacare or whatever legislation is passed. And the mass media and the GOP's cute focus group-tested slogans like "Right to Work"  certainly don't help matters.

Republicans certainly have better PR than Democrats-assuming that one excludes groups that will never vote Republican from consideration (eg: minorities).
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 01:56:57 PM »

You expected something more from our Red Staters?

"Americans don't agree with me about something?  The idiots must have been fooled by the all powerful GOP PR machine!"

Well I never said they were idiots. Nice strawman though. I did say that everyone (including liberals, yes) is influenced to one degree or another by the American mass media, which is closely tied to corporate interests who have their own agenda that perhaps is not in the best interests of most people.  How is that controversial?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies