Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. - The "OFFICIAL" Thread - complaints + wohoos (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:02:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. - The "OFFICIAL" Thread - complaints + wohoos (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. - The "OFFICIAL" Thread - complaints + wohoos  (Read 13792 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: August 23, 2008, 12:07:56 AM »

Dear Barack,

Thank you! If you want me to text you my thanks, wait until 4:03 AM EST or some other random time.

Sincerely,

McCain supporter
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 12:28:49 AM »

I know officially favor Romney to be VP.

The debate would be historic.

Historic in the sense that I really wouldn't be rooting for someone against Biden.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 12:38:01 AM »

I think Biden's son Jimmy in Iraq is a big plus too.  Biden can have a big moment in the debate or in his acceptance speak where he boosts his credibility by saying: "NO! We would not rather lose a war than lose an election, because my SON would be dead"

Anyone else think that would be powerful?

Uh, it's Beau.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 01:42:20 AM »

First time in 25 years a Southerner hasn't been on the Democratic ticket.

No, no, no. Joe said Delaware has a lot of black people. That makes it "southern" apparently.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 02:06:06 PM »

The $64,000 question here is how much Biden will help with the Catholic vote.

About as much as Kerry did.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 02:20:42 PM »

I love how Scranton and Pennsylvania were mentioned more than Delaware. Oh, I also like the reference to Joe being a Catholic.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 02:26:24 PM »

That's right, Joe. Attack McCain. He's going to do everything he can to run away from his quotes in the new McCain ad. In doing so, he's going to trip up and land with his foot in his mouth.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 02:30:07 PM »

That's right, Joe. Attack McCain. He's going to do everything he can to run away from his quotes in the new McCain ad. In doing so, he's going to trip up and land with his foot in his mouth.

I know you are shaking in you boots.

In excitment? Absolutely.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »

Did he just say "Barack America?"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 02:33:37 PM »

Whoever came up with that slogan needs to be shot

"Yes, we can!"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 02:35:12 PM »

i can only imagine how bad he looks with that smug toothy grin.

No big grin yet.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »

Most commonly used words in this speech: Scranton and Pennsylvania

It's actually pretty funny.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 03:20:01 PM »

Dear Barack,

Thank you! If you want me to text you my thanks, wait until 4:03 AM EST or some other random time.

Sincerely,

McCain supporter

You're quite welcome that PA's electoral votes and the ONLY long-term incumbent Democrat the NRCC had any chance at picking off (Kanjorski) are now lost causes for the GOP. 

GOOD PICK!

LOL

PA is now a lost cause because of Joe Biden? Ha! Keep dreaming.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 10:49:43 PM »

Dear Barack,

Sincerely,

McCain supporter

You're quite welcome that PA's electoral votes and the ONLY long-term incumbent Democrat the NRCC had any chance at picking off (Kanjorski) are now lost causes for the GOP. 

GOOD PICK!

LOL

PA is now a lost cause because of Joe Biden? Ha! Keep dreaming.

Just like Mitt Romney will deliver Michigan for McCain, right?

I love the absolute ignorance on this forum sometimes. I don't know why I'd expect a reasonable response from you anyway.

I have never, ever, ever believed that Romney would deliver Michigan for McCain. Never. One of my friends told me awhile back that he was going to change his mind about Romney as the running mate and suddenly want him to get the spot so that we could take Michigan. I flipped out.

So, yeah, don't go around assuming that I thought that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 11:44:50 PM »

There would be a certain personal vote for Biden in PA (northeast PA in particular).  There would be a certain person vote for Romney in MI.

I highly doubt it is any more than 0.5% maximum statewide however.  Thinking any more is going to occur is bordering on the edge of ridiculousness.

FYI, Ridge can deliver PA though. I know this because J.J. tells me so.

Well, Ridge was Governor there - Biden was born there and lived there, what, 10 years in his childhood.  That is a pretty large difference.

Ridge could swing PA (with an emphasis on the could), but I think his other attributes could hurt more in other places - and as Torie said, I just don't think he has it.

What evidence is there that he could swing PA or that people there even still care about him?

Listen, I don't think Ridge will swing the state. I don't think people care much about him anymore. McCain has to win this on his own. He might not "swing" the state but at the very least, he cancels out this nonsense about Biden having serious sway here.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 12:16:44 AM »

Casey's election to the Senate had a lot more to do with who he ran against than who's son he was.

Think again. No other Democrat could have gotten Casey's numbers in the central and western (and the insane numbers out of the northeast) parts of the state. You can argue that Santorum would have lost but he'd at least get to 45% against anyone else.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 01:52:14 AM »

There would be a certain personal vote for Biden in PA (northeast PA in particular).  There would be a certain person vote for Romney in MI.

I highly doubt it is any more than 0.5% maximum statewide however.  Thinking any more is going to occur is bordering on the edge of ridiculousness.

FYI, Ridge can deliver PA though. I know this because J.J. tells me so.

Well, Ridge was Governor there - Biden was born there and lived there, what, 10 years in his childhood.  That is a pretty large difference.

Ridge could swing PA (with an emphasis on the could), but I think his other attributes could hurt more in other places - and as Torie said, I just don't think he has it.

Ridge is a western PA guy.  Doesn't count as much.  Geographically and population-wise, Biden has pull where it really counts- the East.

Here we go - the good old "The west doesn't matter!" argument. Yeah, stick with that. Give us western PA. Write it off.

Roll Eyes

Oh and the area where Biden will have any real difference (the SE) is supposed to be pretty strong for Obama anyway. If you really think NE PA is going to turn out in droves for a guy who spent his early childhood in their region...wow...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies