Do You Agree With The US Census Bureau "Region Classifications" (See Map) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:35:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Do You Agree With The US Census Bureau "Region Classifications" (See Map) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with the way the US Census Bureau has defined these geographic regions?
Yes

No (Specify objections)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Do You Agree With The US Census Bureau "Region Classifications" (See Map)  (Read 11937 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: January 05, 2014, 12:01:32 AM »
« edited: January 05, 2014, 12:30:02 AM by muon2 »

The South is too large and diverse in the Census classification. I also think that the others would do well to be divided, there's no good reason to restrict the data groupings to only four categories. For instance I use nine regions to subdivide the US for my own demographic analysis. If one then wants to regroup the states from more categories into fewer categories, that remains an option.

Interesting. I would think that West Virginia has more in common with Kentucky and Tennessee than New York and New Jersey, but that's just my outsider opinion. Other than that, the placement of everything on your map seems accurate to me.

I'd also shift Minnesota to the Great Lakes. It's a shame how impractical it is to divide states for this sort of thing; otherwise, these regions could be a great deal more coherent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies