Question for everyone (Senate)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:09:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Question for everyone (Senate)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Question for everyone (Senate)  (Read 5667 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 08:17:10 PM »

A liberal Jew can win statewide-  see Ed Rendell and Milton Shapp.

She's a liberal Jewish woman and remember that Rendell ran against weak opposition.

Wow, just wow.  Like that would make a difference?  You called me immature, now you're being a mysoginist. 

I knew it would be only a matter of time before you pulled that. I was saying how it would be perceived, Flyers, and you know it. Guess what? People would back me up on that.

AMAZING how you can harp on the fact that a black running statewide can't pickup votes in areas that would refuse to vote for a minority but I can't point out that people won't vote for a Jewish woman. Hypocrite!

There are HUGE differences between black and Jewish candidates statewide Phil.  Schwartz is a formidable fundraiser and would win in most scenarios barring an Arlen Specter or Tom Ridge.   

Mind you, I'm investigating ways of bringing arlen back to life (if need be) to roll him out against Schwartz.

Senate Clerk: "Mr. Sanders...Mr. Sanders...Yea...Mr. Specter...Mr. Specter...'BRAINS'....(chomping and screaming heard.)"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 08:17:43 PM »

There are HUGE differences between black and Jewish candidates statewide Phil.  Schwartz is a formidable fundraiser and would win in most scenarios barring an Arlen Specter or Tom Ridge.   

First off, you avoided my point. You called me a mysognist when you knew that wasn't my point at all. Like usual, you avoid your wrong statements.

Again, amazing how I am a mysognist when I state perception yet you aren't a racist when you do the same.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 09:27:57 PM »

Least favorite challenger:

Bob Casey, Jr. I see him as an empty suit who the Democratic party is only running to get rid of Santorum. I also disagree with some of his social views, but that's not my big problem with him. However, I despise Santorum and he makes Casey look like Jesus.

Least favorite incumbent:

Besides Joe Lieberman (whom I don't even consider a Democrat), probably Ted Kennedy. He probably should have lost reelection a long time ago, and I think he hurts the Democratic party overall.
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: 5.25, S: -1.69

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 10:40:13 PM »

My least favorite democratic challenger:

Actually, two of them: Ned Lamont - I cannot even write what I think of him on this forum without being censored.
And Sherrod Brown - he represents the worst of the Democratic Party: extremely protectionist in trade, economic populist, soft on terror. Why they didn't put Paul Hackett as the Senate candidate??

Least favorite Democratic incumbent:
Robert C. Byrd - no one has mentioned him! another terrible example.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 10:48:41 PM »

Least favorite challenger
Jim Webb--anyone whose favorite presidents are Reagan and Jackson is gauranateed not to excite me.  He's still way better than Allen though.
Honorable mention to Ned Lamont.
Also I have no personal qualms with Jean Hay Bright, but I don't support her candidacy.

Least favorite incumbent:
Menendez
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 10:58:55 PM »

Least Favorite GOP Challenger-Katharine Harris
Least Favorite GOP Incumbent-Rick Santorum

Favorite Dem Challenger-they're pretty bad this time around; I'll go out on a limb and say McCaskill
Favorite Dem Incumbent-Kent Conrad, Ben Nelson, Joe Lieberman
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 12:16:29 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2006, 12:23:26 AM by Bill Richardson »

Democrats: who is your least favorite Democratic challenger? Jim Pederson. Your least favorite Democratic incumbent? Bob Menendez.

Republicans: who is your least favorite Republican challenger? Michael Steele. Your least favorite Republican incumbent? Conrad Burns.

Favorite Dem incumbent: Maria Cantwell or Debbie Stebanow.
Favorite Dem challenger: Sherrod Brown.
Favorite Republican challenger: Tom Kean, Jr.
Favorite Republican incumbent: Dick Lugar
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 12:19:54 AM »

I don't like all the Lamont bashing I'm seeing here. You all say he's a bad candidate yet a lot also hate Lieberman. You can't have it both ways!

Favorite: Webb  

Least Favorite: Menendez

P.S.: Prez Mex (Killer Pollo?) I don't whats wrong with you that you're thinking obscene thoughts about a rich businessman. I don't go around dissing Kay Hutchinson, who is just as bad as John Cornyn.
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: 5.25, S: -1.69

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 01:03:35 AM »

I don't like all the Lamont bashing I'm seeing here. You all say he's a bad candidate yet a lot also hate Lieberman. You can't have it both ways!

P.S.: Prez Mex (Killer Pollo?) I don't whats wrong with you that you're thinking obscene thoughts about a rich businessman. I don't go around dissing Kay Hutchinson, who is just as bad as John Cornyn.

I'm not Killer Pollo.
And it has nothing to do about being a rich businessman - I like rich business people. I'm a strong Lieberman supporter, I've always has been - and I think what Lamont and all the extreme left of the Democratic Party did was disgraceful. There are few Senators as good as Lieberman. Look, Clinton and all the moderates went to support Lieberman, and still the move on's, daily koses, etc went out of their way to try to defeat a senator that stood on principle. Thus, I'll be so glad when Lamont loses.
I'm really sad (and worried) that Mark Warner dropped out, because now the extreme left will have a better opportunity at getting the nomination.
I believe in a Democratic Party as modeled by Bill Clinton, Joe Lieberman, Wesley Clark, Mark Warner, Evan Bayh, Joe Biden, Barak Obama and other centrist figures. I do not stand a Democratic party led by leftist losers as Gore, Kerry, Dean, Feingold, Lamont and Sherrod Brown.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 01:09:43 AM »

Challenger: Casey

Incumbent: Leiberman
Deano963

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2006, 01:18:27 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2006, 01:20:14 AM by Deano963 »

I believe in a Democratic Party as modeled by Bill Clinton, Joe Lieberman, Wesley Clark, Mark Warner, Evan Bayh, Joe Biden, Barak Obama and other centrist figures. I do not stand a Democratic party led by leftist losers as Gore, Kerry, Dean, Feingold, Lamont and Sherrod Brown.

Equating Lieberman with those other fine Democrats is an absolute joke. Are you kidding trying to mention him and Bill Clinton in the same breath? All of those people have conviction and integrity. Liberman does not. Sherrod Brown will accomplish more good in the senate in one term than the useless Lieberman has done in three. Lieberman dosen't hold a candle to any of those people you call "leftist losers". That "leftist loser" Gore would be President today if he hadn't picked Lieberman a his running mate. Worst mistake Gore ever made was picking that drawling mouth-breather who ran for his Senate seat at the same time.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 01:23:12 AM »

I'm not sure what the difference between those two catagories are. Personally, I'd prefer Clark to Brown.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 01:45:52 AM »

And it has nothing to do about being a rich businessman - I like rich business people.

That is stupid, ThePrex.  They certainly don't like you (unless of course you are also a rich).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, he isn't 'good' in any objective sense, he is merely liked or disliked by his constituents.  They either feel he represents him or do not.  Clearly Democrats in CT prefer Lamont.  Whats the big deal?

What princple?  The man is just a corrupt, powerseeking dupe of the Repubilcans.

There is no 'extreme left' in American politics, obviously.

The supposed 'leftists' (hah!) you list above have won elections about as frequently as the one's you list as moderates.  Wesley Clark has certainly never won an election, while even Gore has, and Brown is about to.  And lastly, why on earth do you include Obama as a rightwing Democrat?  I don't think that's an accurate characterization.

Personally, I'd prefer Clark to Brown.

Why?!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 05:41:50 AM »

Yes we can! Tongue Grin
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 09:54:43 PM »

I'm not Killer Pollo.
And it has nothing to do about being a rich businessman - I like rich business people. I'm a strong Lieberman supporter, I've always has been - and I think what Lamont and all the extreme left of the Democratic Party did was disgraceful. There are few Senators as good as Lieberman. Look, Clinton and all the moderates went to support Lieberman, and still the move on's, daily koses, etc went out of their way to try to defeat a senator that stood on principle. Thus, I'll be so glad when Lamont loses.
I'm really sad (and worried) that Mark Warner dropped out, because now the extreme left will have a better opportunity at getting the nomination.

You need to understand, as I've said on here before, that hardly anyone in Connecticut knew about Daily Kos. Stop blaming them, they are a non-factor. Just because they opposed Lieberman doesn't mean his defeat is their fault. I know moderate Dems from red states may find it hard to believe but here in New England large majorities of the population are against the war. If Lieberman wanted to win, he should not have been so close to Bush, who is extremely unpopular here these days. Its Joe's own fault, not Ned's money or the bloggers.

I am upset about Warner dropping out too. He seemed like our best hope. I want a moderate Democrat candidate in 2008, anyone but Hillary, who I like as a Senator, but would strongly oppose in the party primary.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2006, 11:10:59 PM »

Democrats: who is your least favorite Democratic challenger? Your least favorite Democratic incumbent?

Least favorite challenger is Casey.
Least favorite incumbent is Lieberman.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies