Wisconsin Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:08:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 286622 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: April 10, 2018, 10:19:22 AM »

Who’s the likeliest LG choice for Dems?

If the governor's race is wide open that's even wider. I would personally like to see Evers/Vinehout or Evers/Mitchell.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1826 on: April 10, 2018, 10:24:12 AM »

If the governor's race is wide open that's even wider. I would personally like to see Evers/Vinehout or Evers/Mitchell.

Evers/Vinehout sounds great to me. Evers/Mitchell would also work. Are you now on Team Evers? Cheesy
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1827 on: April 10, 2018, 10:26:11 AM »

Evers/Vinehout sounds great to me. Evers/Mitchell would also work. Are you now on Team Evers? Cheesy

I was always on his team or team Vinehout, he's looking like the stronger option so I will go there. Still like Vinehout though.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1828 on: April 10, 2018, 10:31:08 AM »

I was always on his team or team Vinehout, he's looking like the stronger option so I will go there. Still like Vinehout though.

I'll take it! I'll be campaigning for him later on.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1829 on: April 10, 2018, 10:37:24 AM »

That means that Vinehout or Mitchell would have to refile to run in LG primary. As of now it's Mandela Barns and 3 people I've never heard of running for LG.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1830 on: April 10, 2018, 10:38:47 AM »

That means that Vinehout or Mitchell would have to refile to run in LG primary. As of now it's Mandela Barns and 3 people I've never heard of running for LG.

I imagine as we get closer there will be a few that drop out because they know they aren't going anywhere.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1831 on: April 10, 2018, 10:42:45 AM »

I imagine as we get closer there will be a few that drop out because they know they aren't going anywhere.

Filing deadline is June 1, I agree and hope that a few of the mid-level candidates dropdown.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1832 on: April 10, 2018, 10:44:25 AM »

Filing deadline is June 1, I agree and hope that a few of the mid-level candidates dropdown.

Can we at least fully get rid of Soglin?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1833 on: April 10, 2018, 10:46:48 AM »

Doubtful, what little polling we've had has suggested that he's running at #2.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1834 on: April 10, 2018, 10:48:28 AM »

Sad, he'd for sure make the race a lost cause.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1835 on: April 10, 2018, 10:49:48 AM »

Also Tom Steyer came to Wisconsin to help register and encourge young folks to go vote. Not suprsing, Walker has a Trump style hissyfit:

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1836 on: April 10, 2018, 10:50:41 AM »

Sad, he'd for sure make the race a lost cause.

Most years I'd agree, not sure who the Dems put up will matter this year given the national environment.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1837 on: April 10, 2018, 01:06:53 PM »

Nominating someone heavily tied to the crime-infested "Chicago-lite" city of Milwaukee would be the Dems shooting themselves on the foot.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1838 on: April 10, 2018, 01:07:54 PM »

Nominating someone heavily tied to the crime-infested "Chicago-lite" city of Milwaukee would be the Dems shooting themselves on the foot.

You sound like one of the suburbanites around the city who think it's like that.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1839 on: April 10, 2018, 01:30:12 PM »

WOW is not your average suburb, they are not in our path to victory.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1840 on: April 10, 2018, 03:02:20 PM »

Former Governor Tommy Thompson thinks Walker is toast

Tommy Predicts Walker Could Lose Big
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1841 on: April 10, 2018, 03:11:42 PM »

WOW is not your average suburb, they are not in our path to victory.

Milwaukee suburbs seem like they are very much the old white flight-style suburbs that hate the city they surround. Very different from DC/Philadelphia/Chicago suburbs that (nowadays, anyway) actually see themselves as partners with their cities.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1842 on: April 10, 2018, 03:44:59 PM »

To whom are you referring?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1843 on: April 10, 2018, 07:11:21 PM »

He would know.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1844 on: April 11, 2018, 06:44:35 AM »

Lol
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1845 on: April 11, 2018, 08:16:56 AM »

Given that even Ryan is hightailing it, yep!
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1846 on: April 11, 2018, 08:28:45 AM »

Assuming Ryan’s retirement leads to a closer WI-01 race, and reduced morale, how much should Walker worry?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1847 on: April 11, 2018, 08:29:43 AM »

Assuming Ryan’s retirement leads to a closer WI-01 race, and reduced morale, how much should Walker worry?

GOP should win WI-01, might be closer now. Walker should be very worried though.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1848 on: April 11, 2018, 08:39:07 AM »

Who's going to jump out of the Senate or Assembly to run here? Could we see Vos take the plunge? Any Democrats going to jump into the mix?
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1849 on: April 11, 2018, 10:46:25 AM »

Who's going to jump out of the Senate or Assembly to run here? Could we see Vos take the plunge? Any Democrats going to jump into the mix?

GOP Side:
Vos, Kerkman

Dem Side:
Cory Mason (Racine Mayor), Peter Barca (former US house rep himself).
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies