Liberalism at work in Aruba (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:46:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Liberalism at work in Aruba (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: the Dutch "justice" system.
Strongly Positive

Positive

Neutral

Negative

Strongly Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Liberalism at work in Aruba  (Read 3152 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: June 29, 2005, 09:34:36 AM »

"DemoHawk professes solidarity with rapists"
Smiley

Of course, we're talking about the Aruban justice system here, not the Dutch one. They're much more independent down there than most US colonies.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 09:53:39 AM »

Smiley

I beg your pardon. He is a 'suspect', but personally I believe he is innocent.

Van Persie has admitted being in a hotel room with his accusor, who alleges he raped her in the bathroom. He has denied any wrongdoing and told his wife that "nothing happened" and by that I take it as nothing happened consensual or otherwise

Should be face trial and be found guilty then he deserves to take the consequences. Should it transpire that he had consensual sex with his accusor (i.e. he cheated on his wife) then he deserved to sweat it out a bit. Should it transpire nothing happened, then his accusor should face prosecution for making a false allegation

Either way, I hope it's taught the daft sod a lesson. Because from where I'm sitting, had he not checked into the hotel room in the first place, it would have saved himself and his wife a lot of heartache

As you well know, I'm not exactly liberal when it comes to crime and punishment - but I think the guy is innocent because he has too much lose. His wife, £25,000 per week career, .... if you get my drift

States Rights' asked my opinion of the Dutch legal system, so I gave it

So, kindly, retract your statement

Dave
Man, I was joking...thought that was obvious...if you were running for office right now though, that sig would give your opponents good rhetorical mileage. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 09:57:28 AM »

No problem. Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 10:13:25 AM »

Smiley

Of course, we're talking about the Aruban justice system here, not the Dutch one. They're much more independent down there than most US colonies.

I don't know. They have been spinning it on the local media that the Aruban system is very similar to the Netherlands.
That's probably true.
I'm not up to date on this story - I read, like, one article on it several days ago - but it sounded like there was some sort of shady protection involved...which is not a feature of the Dutch justice system...more a feature of Kangaroo Courts the world over. That's what I was going on about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies