Who was the best of recent failed Republican presidential nominees? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:57:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who was the best of recent failed Republican presidential nominees? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who was the best of recent failed Republican presidential nominees?
Mitt Romney
John McCain
Bob Dole
Barry Goldwater
Thomas Dewey
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Who was the best of recent failed Republican presidential nominees?  (Read 3850 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: August 03, 2014, 06:23:38 PM »

The way they're listed in the poll is actually the order I'd put them in myself.

Romney
McCain
Dole
Goldwater
Dewey

But I admit I know very little about Dewey. Some people on here like to go back and track elections and politics from before the advent of modern pop culture, but that doesn't interest me too much. I guess I just don't find politics from before ca. 1950 easy to relate with.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 04:12:27 AM »

I don't know how anyone who lived through the 2008 presidential campaign could argue that McCain wasn't one of the worst major party presidential nominees in modern American history.

Romney's campaign is rightly criticized, too, but at least the candidate didn't come across as unhinged and incapable.

You're judging how good they are at politics. I'm judging how good they are, period.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies