David Koch: "I'm a social liberal" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:10:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  David Koch: "I'm a social liberal" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: David Koch: "I'm a social liberal"  (Read 5197 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: December 15, 2014, 02:50:42 PM »

Also, from what I've read about the brothers' relationship, Charles is more of the evil genius figure, who hates anything that has to do with government, while David kinda just goes along.

why do you think there is an "evil genius figure" involved here?  They have a lot of money, and they give it to various interest groups.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 03:12:15 PM »

Also, from what I've read about the brothers' relationship, Charles is more of the evil genius figure, who hates anything that has to do with government, while David kinda just goes along.

why do you think there is an "evil genius figure" involved here?  They have a lot of money, and they give it to various interest groups.

Because they're not his interest groups.

that should hardly explain the "genius" part.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 09:12:54 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2014, 09:16:26 PM by shua »

^ I recommend you read Sons of Wichita.

Shua, why do you always defend the Kochs?

It's really more that I find the obsession so many have with them to tend toward an absurd and unhealthy narrative.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 10:05:15 PM »

Yes, that's clearly all they're doing. Not buying an entire political party and the politicians contained within. They're just like the blue collar worker contributing $20 to their local politician. Roll Eyes

That's the sort of absurdity I was talking about. The Kochs accounted for about 1% of all political spending in 2012. Yes, that's more influence than someone contributing $20. No, that doesn't mean they own half of American politics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies