David Koch: "I'm a social liberal" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:20:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  David Koch: "I'm a social liberal" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: David Koch: "I'm a social liberal"  (Read 5203 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: December 14, 2014, 11:29:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm guessing Koch slipped Walters some cash for these softballs? Roll Eyes

Was the next one: "How can people not see how wonderful you are? If you don't, you're an idiot. Yes, that means all you watching this. Stop hating success you envious libs?"
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 06:32:28 PM »

Also, from what I've read about the brothers' relationship, Charles is more of the evil genius figure, who hates anything that has to do with government, while David kinda just goes along.

why do you think there is an "evil genius figure" involved here?  They have a lot of money, and they give it to various interest groups.

Yes, that's clearly all they're doing. Not buying an entire political party and the politicians contained within. They're just like the blue collar worker contributing $20 to their local politician. Roll Eyes
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:23:04 PM »

The GOP depends upon a coalition of greedy b@stards who want to turn the American (and probably ultimately the world) economy into an engine of prosperity for themselves alone and people who do not care how miserable the world gets for themselves because God will bless them in the Afterlife for the suffering that God mandates for any who are to reach Heaven -- all others being damned to Hell. For the latter, 'non-biblical' beliefs of secularists and non-Christians condemn one to Hell as if one were a serial murderer.

That coalition works well enough because the two parts of it never meet each other. It's analogous to the Democratic coalition that lasted until the 1950s -- Southern racist agrarians who hated protectionist economic policies of the Republican Party and a combination of non-WASPs and blue-collar workers in the North. Once the Northern part of the Democratic Party found out what the Southern agrarians found out how nasty the Southern agrarians were toward blacks, the coalition fell apart.      

Yeah, Northern Democrats had no idea that the Southern members of their party were racist until the '60s.  For all the heat the GOP gets for the "Southern Strategy" (at least from a historical perspective), Democrats from the 1850s to the 1960s were a thousand times worse.

Yup, you're probably right. But it's your problem now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies