New Zealand political discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:27:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  New Zealand political discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Zealand political discussion thread  (Read 30609 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: September 22, 2021, 11:53:37 AM »

I admittedly don't know too much about New Zealand politics, but this David Seymour guy doesn't sound like he should be taken seriously.

Lol, he's right. New Zealand is 17% Maori and 72% White. It's not a Polynesian country any more than Australia is, or Canada or the US are Native American countries. Should we rename France France-Faransa (Arabic name for France) because 13% of the population is Muslim? Hell, almost as many (15%) New Zealanders are Asian as Maori -- should we make Xīnxīlán (Mandarin) another official name for the country, for the purpose of representation? And even if it was a Polynesian country, why would that make a renaming the right thing to do?

I don’t think France was founded by a treaty between Arabs who already lived there and settlers from away.

It was founded by Romans making a treaty with Franks. Should we rename France France-Francia then, for a better analogy?

Do I even have to explain why this comparison is wrong?

If you're going to say that Franks are described by France, but Maori not by New Zealand, then I resoundingly reject that comparison.

Franks are extinct since centuries, Maoris are not.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 11:32:08 AM »

In some lighter news, Wayne Brown is at it again.

He did another one in a week too, and got it handed back to him. Love this dig at him from Gore!

Is he getting re-elected?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies