The Wisconsin Cheese Showdown (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:02:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Wisconsin Cheese Showdown (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Wisconsin Cheese Showdown  (Read 60111 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: February 17, 2011, 01:55:11 PM »

The protesters in Madison are of course heroes, and I hope that they inspire similar protests in other cities.

I hope it inspires the issuance of pink slips to them, myself. Different strokes for different folks.

As do I.

Meanwhile, state Dem Senators are channeling Texas Democrats for a response.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/116381289.html
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 02:43:30 PM »

The protesters in Madison are of course heroes, and I hope that they inspire similar protests in other cities.

I hope it inspires the issuance of pink slips to them, myself. Different strokes for different folks.

As do I.

So why should these people be fired for making too much, SS?  You make more than them and are not fired.

They're public employees, lazy as sh!t and don't know anything.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 07:21:25 PM »

As do I.

So why should these people be fired for making too much, SS?  You make more than them and are not fired.

They're public employees, lazy as sh!t and don't know anything.
Why thanx for making that assumption of me.

Be thankful he didn't call you f****ts.

Hard to call a woman that term.  Especially Texasgurl, who I've known on the forum for many years.  You, on the other hand...

I have a serious question for Texasgurl - what do you of the employees who lied and "called in sick" when they really went out to protest?  You see, in the real world, i.e. the private sector world, that's grounds for termination on its face.  Moreover, what does that tell us about the teachers - doesn't it say that they care more about themselves than the learning of their students?

As for the original comment, I'm sure you know I enjoy making blanket generalizations for amusement - not every public employee is lazy and knows nothing, maybe that's just NYC.  Tongue

And as for the larger public employee union issue, Torie is, as usual, 100% right on this sort of thing and I see no reason to extrapolate on his excellent thoughts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies