Which states do you suspect will never vote Democratic or Republican again.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:20:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Which states do you suspect will never vote Democratic or Republican again.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which states do you suspect will never vote Democratic or Republican again....  (Read 7489 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 14, 2017, 03:01:11 PM »
« edited: May 14, 2017, 06:23:06 PM by Technocratic Timmy »

Based on premium quality Atlas analysis, I've concluded it must be this:

But in all seriousness, these are the only ones I have confidence in:

Landslides happen, re-alignments happen, population change happens (and not always in predictable ways), political trends change, parties change their ideology, and it's possible we'll get a serious third party candidate from just about anywhere in the political spectrum. We have no idea how the electoral map will look in the future. I would bet that, 30-50 years ago, people would have said, "no way will I ever see VT, NH, or ME go Democratic."

My thoughts as well. D.C. I'm 95% sure on and Wyoming I'm about 80% sure on.

In the right circumstances I could see states like California, New York, and Maryland voting Republican in 2040 and states like West Virginia and Kentucky voting Democrat in the 2030's.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 06:37:29 PM »

Never say never.

Though I'd imagine most the Interior Plains states (many of which haven't voted Democrat since LBJ's landslide win in 64') probably stay in the GOP column for the foreseeable future.

As for states that stay Democrat, I have a hard time imaging the GOP winning California and Maryland in the next 30 years.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 02:49:19 AM »

What I'm curious about is the Democract​ y'all imagine y'all winning Alabama.  Even Bill Clinton got blown out twice.

People focus more on the Plains states staying reliably Republican rather than the South because many of the Plains states have been ancestrally Republican for over a century whereas the South has been more prone to large shifts either direction.

I do think Alabama is a southern state that'll remain GOP for decades to come though. It's certainly worthy to be placed in the same column as states like Idaho and Nebraska in my opinion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies