Election Tracker - NE Special (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:35:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election Tracker - NE Special (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Tracker - NE Special  (Read 17916 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: February 21, 2014, 08:55:48 AM »

Is Peeperkorn's ballot in the Northeast election invalid since he had posted before the booth opened, but then deleted the post from the voting booth thread and voted after it had opened over 20 minutes after casting the previous (clearly invalid) vote?

If he votes again in the correct time period, would that validate his vote?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »

Could we get a hypothetical TNF v. Spiral count?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 12:59:27 PM »

If people woudn't split from regions after one bad election the ME, MW and NE would be much more interesting. The most ridiculous thing is that the left had won the abortion fight at the regional level at the referendum box, so the split made even less sense.

Just like the NE in 2010.

I encourage you to actually take a look at the results if you think the Northeast and Midwest elections aren't interesting. Roll Eyes
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 01:03:33 PM »

The Midwest race is surprisingly not close so far.

The oustanding voters heavily favor Lumine, but most of TNF's supporters have voted, so I think it'll be a nailbiter in the end.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 02:30:45 PM »

If people woudn't split from regions after one bad election the ME, MW and NE would be much more interesting. The most ridiculous thing is that the left had won the abortion fight at the regional level at the referendum box, so the split made even less sense.

Just like the NE in 2010.

I encourage you to actually take a look at the results if you think the Northeast and Midwest elections aren't interesting. Roll Eyes

I encourage you to reread my post, especially the bold. Roll Eyes

Oh I did. I just struggle to see what could be more interesting in those two regions beside nailbiter results. I suppose your idea of interesting might be three comfortable rightwing victories?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 04:36:32 PM »

Unfortunately I think this means Icehand Gino is invalid too, since he only had 7 posts in the last 56 days.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 09:06:31 AM »

Butafly, could we get a hypothetical Duke v. Spiral count?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »

I am 95% sure in previous elections, this vote would have been counted. "Sorry Duke" is an expression Lief has used before in this board, so we can be sure of its intent; it's really no different than "All these candidates are great". As for not listing V.P. candidates, I am fairly sure examples of such votes being counted to the total regardless. Even if it were somehow invalid, it would ONLY invalidate his presidential vote (there's a precedent from the June 2013 election about this).

Julio's however, is blatantly invalid, as it disparages a candidate for both Senate and Vice President outright.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 03:40:39 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2014, 04:04:42 PM by Talleyrand »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=159644.msg3432368#msg3432368

Here is an example of a ballot on which the voter wrote "sorry (insert candidate's name)" here before proceeding to vote for his opponent. I do not recall any stink being made over this, and his vote was counted. Admittedly, this was a regional election, but the situation is not much different than this one.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=169415.msg3629919#msg3629919

Here is Lief's presidential ballot from February. He wrote "Marokai for President" without listing a running mate and his vote was counted.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »

Presidential numbers by region, anyone?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 11:07:28 PM »

Well, Lumine could hypothetically email Dead0man and tell him to vote.

I'm sure Dead0man has been PMed multiple times. I don't think I've ever heard of people e-mailing to get votes in Atlasia. Tongue
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 11:50:39 PM »

Wouldn't a tie be settled by 2nd preferences and not a runoff?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 11:57:41 PM »

Section 3: Run-off Elections

If all remaining candidates shall have the same number of highest preference votes, then the following procedure shall be used to break the tie:Run-off elections shall begin between midnight Eastern Standard Time on the first Thursday after the initial election and 0001 Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday thereafter, and shall conclude exactly 72 hours after the beginning.Those candidates who have tied shall be automatically entered onto the ballot. No other candidacies shall be allowed.Voters shall only be able to cast a vote for one candidate.If any candidate shall gain a majority of the votes cast, then he shall be declared winner.

Same number of highest preference votes. Nothing about lower preferences.

What bill is this from?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 12:06:08 AM »

If all remaining candidates shall have the same number of highest preference votes, then the following procedure shall be used to break the tie:Run-off elections shall begin between midnight Eastern Standard Time on the first Thursday after the initial election and 0001 Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday thereafter, and shall conclude exactly 72 hours after the beginning.Those candidates who have tied shall be automatically entered onto the ballot. No other candidacies shall be allowed.Voters shall only be able to cast a vote for one candidate.If any candidate shall gain a majority of the votes cast, then he shall be declared winner.

What bill is this from?

Consolidated electoral reform act. What you're thinking of is in the Proportional representation act. That apllies to at large seats.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It also says this, unless I am looking at an older version or this only applies to at-large seats.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 12:14:49 AM »

What bill is this from?

Consolidated electoral reform act. What you're thinking of is in the Proportional representation act. That apllies to at large seats.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It also says this, unless I am looking at an older version or this only applies to at-large seats.

You're reading that wrong. That's for two candidates tied for least highest preferences.

Ah... I think that means you're correct then.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 12:31:00 AM »

Should editing votes be banned outright? There's a preview button for a reason.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 12:55:23 AM »

Well, guys, I want to apologise because it was an awful idea editing my vote. I feel sorry because I might have provoked a little drama and that wasn't my intention. I think it's better if I de-register myself as an Atlasian citizen for a couple of months, as a sort of self-punishment Wink

I wish you hadn't - it's six months before you can register again.   The attempt made to shame you tonight was awful.

2 months, so he's right. Don't feed him blatantly false information and your fake sympathy. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies