Feinstein's campaign treasuer arrested for fraud - Fund wiped out?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:43:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Feinstein's campaign treasuer arrested for fraud - Fund wiped out?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feinstein's campaign treasuer arrested for fraud - Fund wiped out?  (Read 2074 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2011, 09:22:35 AM »

A few days ago Sen. Diane Feinstien's campaign treasurer, Kinde Durkee, was arrested for fraud involving another Democratic representative.  There are now suggestions that a large portion of Feinstein's war chest might have been stolen by Durkee.  The link is below.

Fox is reporting that Durkee is not licensed in CA; that could create a liability insurance problem.

I want to be clear in this.  Feinstein is the possible victim.  There is no suggestion that she is involved in the fraud.

It is possible, however, that Feinstien has lost part, or all, of her war chest.  That could have dire political consequences.

Several other Democratic representatives used Durkee as well.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/09/13/MNQ01L4779.DTL
Wonkish1

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:44:06 AM »

A few days ago Sen. Diane Feinstien's campaign treasurer, Kinde Durkee, was arrested for fraud involving another Democratic representative.  There are now suggestions that a large portion of Feinstein's war chest might have been stolen by Durkee.  The link is below.

Fox is reporting that Durkee is not licensed in CA; that could create a liability insurance problem.

I want to be clear in this.  Feinstein is the possible victim.  There is no suggestion that she is involved in the fraud.

It is possible, however, that Feinstien has lost part, or all, of her war chest.  That could have dire political consequences.

Several other Democratic representatives used Durkee as well.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/09/13/MNQ01L4779.DTL

$5.2 million dollars, wew! Where I come from that's a lot of money. Not easily replaceable I'm sure. If that is gone Feinstien will make the juiciest target that many GOP candidates have seen in a long time. I doubt she will be able to even raise half that back in time.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 09:48:33 AM »

Unless it comes out that Feinstein is something other than a victim I doubt she's in danger unless the country is so incredibly mad at Democrats that every Dem is in danger.

Maybe if we can get a great opponent for here with some special constituencies, but otherwise California is pretty much out of play.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 10:01:43 AM »

Unless it comes out that Feinstein is something other than a victim I doubt she's in danger unless the country is so incredibly mad at Democrats that every Dem is in danger.

Maybe if we can get a great opponent for here with some special constituencies, but otherwise California is pretty much out of play.

If someone mugs me, I'm still out the money I had in my pocket!

If it's just a few $100 k, that is survivable, but where would be able to make that all up?

This is terrible and Feinstein's worst sin was trusting a crook that everyone else trusted too.
Wonkish1

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 10:13:17 AM »

I agree, but its not going to be any more in play than having a way underfunded incumbent. So for the GOPers that want there shot this is likely going to be there best chance for quite a while.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 10:34:31 AM »

Maybe now she can step down and we can get a real liberal Democrat in her seat?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 12:11:51 PM »

I wouldn't mind winning the seat, but I still hate to see it happen this way (if it does happen this way).
Guderian

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »

I wouldn't mind winning the seat, but I still hate to see it happen this way (if it does happen this way).

Feinstein would beat any California Republican without spending a dime.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 12:25:08 PM »

good thing she's like the 6th richest person in Congress.  and that Jello Biafra sweeps her porch for free.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 12:31:24 PM »

Feinstein would beat any California Republican without spending a dime.

Yup.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »

If this is her financial situation, then I would predict that if Obama is reelected nationwide, then Feinstein wins. If Obama looses, no matter by what margin nationwide, she looses.

Feinstein can't lose in CA.
Wonkish1

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 02:18:25 PM »

If this is her financial situation, then I would predict that if Obama is reelected nationwide, then Feinstein wins. If Obama looses, no matter by what margin nationwide, she looses.

No offense, but this is a pretty dumb comment. Almost down to a Landslide Lyndon or DrScholl level of stupidity.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 02:19:52 PM »

No offense, but this is a pretty dumb comment. Almost down to a Landslide Lyndon or DrScholl level of stupidity.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who realizes they are essentially BSB and Krazen with red avatars.
Wonkish1

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 02:24:06 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who realizes they are essentially BSB and Krazen with red avatars.

I'm glad it isn't only us with those blue avatars that have noticed they are a little off.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 12:18:21 AM »

Which California senator would republicans rather see defeated? To be honest and frank, I think republicans can tolerate Diane Feinstein, but (and here is the frank part) most republicans hate Barbara Boxer.

That ship sailed when they nominated Fiorina, so concentrating on replacing Feinstein should be the GOP's main concern now, even if she is a moderate hero on certain issues.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 07:01:55 AM »

It doesn't matter. Remember, Whitman far outspent Brown. Also, Feinstein is very wealthy herself. So whatever.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 12:44:10 PM »

Feinstein will not lose in California. End of story. She doesn't need money, everyone knows her. She usually doesn't even run ads or anything.

She does well with the old school democrats in the central valley and the urban types aren't going to vote for anyone else.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 07:12:30 AM »

She cut a $5 million check to cover her losses. Problem over.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies