Bacon King Statement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:10:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bacon King Statement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bacon King Statement  (Read 3374 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: July 21, 2015, 05:53:23 PM »

To my friends on Atlas Forum and Atlas After Dark-

As some of you may know, I suffer from severe bipolar disorder. I've also recently mentioned to some of you my new difficulties with medications. As a result, I am no longer properly medicated for my illness, so for the past week I have been in an intensely manic state. I offer this information not as an excuse for what I am about to tell you, but to offer some semblance of an explanation for my actions. In particular, note that the condition causes behavior that is "out of character and risky, foolish or inappropriate", per the ICD-10 of the World Health Organization.

In private messages on AAD, I was having a conversation with another forum user when he mentioned archiving threads on the Moderator Board here, saying "we don't need to release it -- you don't even need to show it to me -- but it may be something that we're glad to have someday". I replied that I had thought about it before, but I didn't even know how to do it. He consulted with someone who knew how to archive and upload large html files and got back to me about it. I had no idea what he was talking about, so I voluntarily decided (in a ridiculous lapse of judgement) to give him my forum login information to use for moderator board access. I won't mention who that other guy was, because it's his choice if he wants to come clean, but he was the one who saved and uploaded all those modcave pages.

I had not really thought it through but I did not realize he would upload everything, especially so soon. I woke up the next morning to find that everything had exploded- I was not prepared for him to jump the gun like he did. I didn't know he was going to publish them for everyone to see, and I definitely didn't know he wasn't going to retract sensitive information (I'm not blaming him, I did give him the access, but I definitely wasn't expecting things to be done like this).

I immediately regretted my decision. It just seemed like a cool thing to do, like I was helping a friend do something. I did not realize the huge violation of trust that I had done, and I wanted it to go away. I thought If I could just ride out the storm, denying everything, then things would just go back to normal and I could put the entire incident behind me and never do it or even think about it again. I don't know who was trying to reset passwords or answering security questions but it isn't related to my account getting hacked, they were just convenient distractions.

In the last few days, I've made so many lies to people that I consider to be close and genuine friends. I'm very sorry. I didn't want to betray your trust, and it pained me deeply to do so, but I was so scared because honesty would mean losing my membership in a community I've been in for a full decade now. I'll admit I am scared here, because the Atlas community has been an important part of my life for so long and so helpful to me as well. You guys cheer me up and make me laugh no matter how depressed I am, and you offer so many ways to obsessively distract myself while I calm down from neverending manic trains of thought.

I also want to apologize to HockeyDude. I never meant for anyone to point the finger at you, and I'm sorry the evidence somehow pointed at you. This issue is widening the rift between two forums I have enjoyed greatly, and I'm tired of seeing it happen at my expense. Hence this confession.

I just wanted to make everyone happy, for everyone to like me, and in the end I leave here, having betrayed literally everyone who trusted me. I'm very sorry - I've literally been crying about this - and this is where my chain of thoughless actions has ended me up.

I wish the best to everyone. I love you guys and I will miss you all - I don't exactly think it will be cool for me to stick around anymore. I reiterate my apologies to everyone and for all the people I have hurt with this stupid and regrettable behavior. If anyone wants to stay in touch I've left my email below.

Goodbye everyone.

Justin Coleman
(remove every Q and space) jccQolQeQQmanQ7  @ gQmaiQlQ .com
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies