Rasmussen: Palin more popular than Obama; McCain
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:59:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Palin more popular than Obama; McCain
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Palin more popular than Obama; McCain  (Read 2564 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:23:20 PM »

"A week ago, most Americans had never heard of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. Now, following a Vice Presidential acceptance speech viewed live by more than 40 million people, Palin is viewed favorably by 58% of American voters. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 37% hold an unfavorable view of the self-described hockey mom.

Perhaps most stunning is the fact that Palin’s favorable ratings are now a point higher than either man at the top of the Presidential tickets this year. As of Friday morning, Obama and McCain are each viewed favorably by 57% of voters. Biden is viewed favorably by 48%.

However, following the Wednesday night speech, voters are fairly evenly divided as to whether Palin or Obama has the better experience to be President. Forty-four percent (44%) of voters say Palin has the better experience while 48% say Obama has the edge. Among unaffiliated voters, 45% say Obama has better experience while 42% say Palin."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/palin_power_fresh_face_now_more_popular_than_obama_mccain
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:34:47 PM »

You know who else is pretty popular? Scarlet Johanson. She should be President!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »

Note the *jealousy gap*.  Continued personal attacks will only close it - otherwise it'll stay.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 2.09

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 02:11:25 PM »

Funny, can one say "Hello President Palin"? I do believe that in 2012 it will be V.P. Sarah Palin vs. Sen. Hilliary Clinton.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 02:13:11 PM »

Funny, can one say "Hello President Palin"? I do believe that in 2012 it will be V.P. Sarah Palin vs. Sen. Hilliary Clinton.

Uh.. so you are expecting McCain to be elected and die in his first term?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 02:14:29 PM »

Those "experience numbers" are really stunning.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 2.09

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »

Uh.. so you are expecting McCain to be elected and die in his first term?

No, I think he will step down and not run again in 2012.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 02:19:08 PM »

More like people don't care about experience that much. It should help Obama in the end. I really think it is his blackness that is keeping him back. If he was white he would have had opened up a solid 5-10 point lead by this time. I still think he will win but he does lose a good 4-5 points because of his race. Sad.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 02:20:37 PM »

More like people don't care about experience that much. It should help Obama in the end. I really think it is his blackness that is keeping him back. If he was white he would have had opened up a solid 5-10 point lead by this time. I still think he will win but he does lose a good 4-5 points because of his race. Sad.

QFT

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 02:22:01 PM »

Yeah, it shows incredible ignorance on the part of a lot of Americans.

I'd still like to see somebody else poll a questsion like that though. I think Rasmussen has a little bit of a crush on his fellow religious.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 02:22:42 PM »

just wait until the VP debate.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 02:24:45 PM »

We already know what will happen, Sensei. Analysts will declare Biden the winner and Americans will declare Palin the winner because she's "cute".
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 02:26:56 PM »

well, if McCain wants to run for reelection in 2012, he better have Palin in the public's eye leading the charge on capitol hill each and every week.  That would give him protection against Hillary.  

If the GOP ticket wins in 2008, I'd save Palin for 2016.

This jealousy gap is troublesome.  How can it be closed?  maybe need to get Palin out of the dress and pumps and into some causal clothes on Jay Leno.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 02:29:09 PM »

I thought the election wasn't a popularity contest.

Or at least that was the right wing talking points when Obama lead in these "important" polls.

Just more proof that the right is shameless.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 02:30:10 PM »

We already know what will happen, Sensei. Analysts will declare Biden the winner and Americans will declare Palin the winner because she's "cute".

No, Sarah Barracuda will win an the public will say "Look at that mean Joe Biden attacking sweet Sarah Palin."
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 02:32:27 PM »

well, if McCain wants to run for reelection in 2012, he better have Palin in the public's eye leading the charge on capitol hill each and every week.  That would give him protection against Hillary. 

If the GOP ticket wins in 2008, I'd save Palin for 2016.

This jealousy gap is troublesome.  How can it be closed?  maybe need to get Palin out of the dress and pumps and into some causal clothes on Jay Leno.

You need the media to keep attacking her to close the *jealousy gap*.  But I doubt it really makes any difference in any actual effect Palin will have in the long run in this campaign.
platypeanArchcow

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 02:34:30 PM »

QFT

Quantum field theory???

In any case, what we really need is for Palin's views to become well-known, because polar bears are cuter and friendlier than barracudas.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 02:35:20 PM »

I thought the election wasn't a popularity contest.

Or at least that was the right wing talking points when Obama lead in these "important" polls.

Just more proof that the right is shameless.

If this election were not a popularity contest, Barack Obama would be in the Senate today voting "present."
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »

QFT

Quantum field theory???

In any case, what we really need is for Palin's views to become well-known, because polar bears are cuter and friendlier than barracudas.

Quoted for Truth.

Only polar bears that are mothers count.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 03:30:48 PM »

However, following the Wednesday night speech, voters are fairly evenly divided as to whether Palin or Obama has the better experience to be President. Forty-four percent (44%) of voters say Palin has the better experience while 48% say Obama has the edge. Among unaffiliated voters, 45% say Obama has better experience while 42% say Palin."[/i][/i]

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/palin_power_fresh_face_now_more_popular_than_obama_mccain

LOL at Obama only being up four points in the "experience" department. Yeah, keep using that argument!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 03:40:10 PM »

However, following the Wednesday night speech, voters are fairly evenly divided as to whether Palin or Obama has the better experience to be President. Forty-four percent (44%) of voters say Palin has the better experience while 48% say Obama has the edge. Among unaffiliated voters, 45% say Obama has better experience while 42% say Palin."[/i][/i]

LOL at Obama only being up four points in the "experience" department. Yeah, keep using that argument!

Umm I dunno if you forgot or what but a couple weeks ago that was your candidates principal argument. Palin will not have this free ride( from americans) for long. Sooner or later she will have to prove herself.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 03:41:06 PM »

58% vs. 57%...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 03:44:17 PM »

Umm I dunno if you forgot or what but a couple weeks ago that was your candidates principal argument. Palin will not have this free ride( from americans) for long. Sooner or later she will have to prove herself.

Uh...so? It clearly worked better for us.

She will have to prove herself? Going through last week wasn't proving herself? What a hack.

Or 57% - 58%   to   57% - 48%

But we had to hear how much of a disaster Palin was as a pick and how Biden was clearly superior!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 03:53:26 PM »

Uh...so? It clearly worked better for us.

She will have to prove herself? Going through last week wasn't proving herself? What a hack.

Sweet I'm a hack. Do I get a hat? Seriously I do not know if the experience argument worked that much for your guy. I think it was more the drilling thing and Obama flying around the world while people struggled at home. And now the experience argument is basically going to be moot for both sides so guess what this election just might get decided on issues. Smiley I also don't think Palin has proved herself one bit. Last week the tabloid media just bit into her as hard as they could since she was a new face with an interesting history. As you can see Americans didn't really buy into it that much. I think many Americans just found the Bristol story to be despicable( and so did I, but I did note Palin's hypocrisy). They are giving her the shot she deserves and she better be ready. She will get asked a million different questions and she better know how to answer them. She will not be given a second shot.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 07:44:05 PM »

The problem with Mooseburger Barbie is that she will likely be a fad.  Within a few weeks she will fall to the wayside.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies