Puerto Rican Statehood Act of 2006 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:20:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Puerto Rican Statehood Act of 2006 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Puerto Rican Statehood Act of 2006  (Read 20151 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« on: March 26, 2006, 08:50:07 AM »

I am opposed to this bill for much the same reasons as my esteemed colleague from District One: the Senate should not simply bow to political pressure when one person decides to make waves.

To that end I wish to propose a hostile amendment:

The content of the bill is struck and is re-titled "Puerto Rican Controversy Bill" with the following content:

Whereas,
1. Former President True Democrat has attempted to register in Puerto Rico and has such registration declined by executive order,
2. Former President True Democrat has declared himself Governor of Puerto Rico, made demands for Regionhood and subsequently declared independence.

The Senate resolves that,
1. The President's Executive Order denying all registrations outside of the Regions of the Republic of Atlasia is affirmed.
2. The President is authorised to use necessary means to maintain the Rule of Law under the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia in Puerto Rico.
3. Pursuant to clause 2, the Senate authorises the President to suspend the Writ of Habeas Corpus in Puerto Rico should he consider that an actual state of Rebellion exist within Puerto Rico.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 10:29:59 AM »

Aye
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 01:46:49 PM »

Nay, if we must introduce it into the Union, then contiguity to not only Florida, but also Maine or Massachusetts as suggested by Secretary Ernest would be advantageous in my opinion.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 07:17:51 AM »

I vote in favour of the revised Gabu amendment ftr.

Presuming PR is admitted, it is actually advisable that we put it into a State and Region now, rather than leaving it for some future date - I have no intention of having to consider 3 pieces of legislation on the admission of PR into the Republic, when 1 will do just fine.

I motion to strip out Clause II and add:

II. Puerto Rico shall become a State in the Southeast Region.
III. Puerto Rico shall be assigned to District 4 until the next round of redistricting when commensurate with the Constitution it shall be liable to be moved to another District.

Subsequent sections are renumbered to maintain sanity.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 05:39:31 AM »

Aye
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 10:04:18 AM »

Nay.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 07:16:34 AM »

And of course I will have a veto override on this. I hereby open up the vote on the override of of Ebowed',s veto. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

Objection.

The Rules of this Body quite clearly provide that a chance to debate the veto orverride be available before a vote will be held on it.

I wish to invoke this right under the Senate Rules.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies