Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:02:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas  (Read 6396 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: September 19, 2021, 09:22:16 PM »

Someday you will see the emperor has no clothes.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 07:45:41 AM »

Large portions of the world, including most of the Atlas Forum hate you and always will. If they don't, you are probably doing something wrong. That's simply a result of standing for something. Truth is inherently divisive. Never change your beliefs from pressure.

They will hate you and you have to love them anyway. And until that is something an outsider sees from the Christians they know and not from everyone else, it's going to keep getting darker outside.

The darkness outside is people being gay openly, right?
If that's what you're getting at, it is rather concerning that someone with this extremist mindset is a moderator here. It would certainly explain some of the more baffling, unexplained removal decisions I've seen in the past.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 11:50:40 AM »

Large portions of the world, including most of the Atlas Forum hate you and always will. If they don't, you are probably doing something wrong. That's simply a result of standing for something. Truth is inherently divisive. Never change your beliefs from pressure.

They will hate you and you have to love them anyway. And until that is something an outsider sees from the Christians they know and not from everyone else, it's going to keep getting darker outside.

If that's what you're getting at, it is rather concerning that someone with this extremist mindset is a moderator here. It would certainly explain some of the more baffling, unexplained removal decisions I've seen in the past.

The text does not say that. The text says that to the extent the Christians an outsider knows are kind to him even though the outsider disdains them - which the outsider finds a most uncommon reaction as compared to others (to turn the other cheek), and the outsider comes to appreciate the difference, at that point the animus of the outsider may begin to dissipate.

Another way to put it, is that if you treat those with whom you disagree, and/or the other, in a classy way, over time the animus should subside.

And that is the TJ I know and respect, and was the reason way back when I sponsored him to become a Mod.

Thank you.

You are being very charitable towards TJ, at least as I've experienced him as a commenter and moderator.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 12:53:16 PM »

The text does not say that. The text says that to the extent the Christians an outsider knows are kind to him even though the outsider disdains them - which the outsider finds a most uncommon reaction as compared to others (to turn the other cheek), and the outsider comes to appreciate the difference, at that point the animus of the outsider may begin to dissipate.

Another way to put it, is that if you treat those with whom you disagree, and/or the other, in a classy way, over time the animus should subside.

And that is the TJ I know and respect, and was the reason way back when I sponsored him to become a Mod.

Thank you.

You are being very charitable towards TJ, at least as I've experienced him as a commenter and moderator.

TJ is literally one of the nicest posters on here

I'm sure he is, but he clearly moderates with a bias and extreme heavy hand.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 09:52:31 PM »

This is officially one of the dumbest threads ever.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 01:02:27 PM »

I don't have a problem with criticism of Evangelical beliefs, as long as it's criticism of things that Evangelicals actually believe and not a caricature of Evangelical Christianity.
This doesn't really happen here often, but I've gathered that some people at places like DU and some parts of Reddit basically believe that almost all or at least the majority of evangelicals believe in snake handling, prosperity theology, speaking in tongues, Calvinistic predestination and KJV-Onlyism, which is laughable because not only do the majority of evangelicals not believe in any of those, it'd be almost impossible to find one who believes in all.

Even I'm only 0.5/5 on those.  I say 0.5 because I believe that speaking in tongues can be legitimate, but I don't have the gift of tongues myself and believe that it's best done privately and not for show if you have the gift.

Lol.

It's beyond time to lock this dumb thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies