Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:20:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas  (Read 6396 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: September 20, 2021, 01:03:29 PM »

In particular, recently, the belief that Christianity is the only path to Salvation has been roundly mocked on this forum in recent weeks.  For Christians who take the Bible as the literal and inerrant Word of God, that is a central belief that informs how we interact with the world- because we love everyone and want everyone to have eternal life.

And you wonder why we mock you.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 09:13:48 PM »

I try my best to mock Islam just as much as I mock Christianity. The other cults are equally stupid but not as dangerous.
Hindus are much more dangerous than Muslims.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 10:03:46 PM »

I try my best to mock Islam just as much as I mock Christianity. The other cults are equally stupid but not as dangerous.
Hindus are much more dangerous than Muslims.

I wish.
Islam is a religion of peace.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 06:05:55 PM »

I don't have a problem with criticism of Evangelical beliefs, as long as it's criticism of things that Evangelicals actually believe and not a caricature of Evangelical Christianity.
This doesn't really happen here often, but I've gathered that some people at places like DU and some parts of Reddit basically believe that almost all or at least the majority of evangelicals believe in snake handling, prosperity theology, speaking in tongues, Calvinistic predestination and KJV-Onlyism, which is laughable because not only do the majority of evangelicals not believe in any of those, it'd be almost impossible to find one who believes in all.

All or most evangelicals believing in prosperity gospel is something that people say on here every now and then.   

See also the frequent "Evangelicals only support Israel because they want it to be destroyed so the End Times happens sooner" or related claims.
This part is true, it's just many Evangelicals don't bother or are incapable of tracing back the reasoning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies