What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:18:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?  (Read 32545 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: September 22, 2020, 01:35:54 PM »

Sire, this is a tavern
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 03:43:21 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2020, 10:51:58 PM by Devout Centrist »

Stars and
Bars Forever
PierceIndianTerritory
YaBB God

★★★★★

I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
« on: August 25, 1861 at 03:42:24 pm »

For a while now, I have been corresponding with a recruitment and procurement officer about an opening for a position in the Confederate Army. The headquarters for this army is actually in Vicksburg, Mississippi, but this would be a work from ranch position basically being the liaison between the Army and their recruits all over the South.  It would offer much higher pay and pretty darn good benefits, including 1 day off per week, travel pay, yearly leave, and even surgery for battle wounds, as well. Right now, at Mister Austin’s farm, I am pulling in a measly $2.60 a month which may increase to $2.75 in 1862, but with this new position, I would be pulling in $5.40 a month, which is $2.70 a month payable semi-monthly.  The hours would even be much, much better as well such as 5 am - 5 pm Monday-Friday, excluding night watch.  They have already told me they want me and I'm now waiting on them to answer my specific questions.  They have already sent me the contract which I need to sign, notarize, and send back to them in the mail along with five dollars in savings.  They way it's looking now, I could be starting no later than September 1, which is only 6 days from this Monday.

This would be a huge blessing, because I would be able to pay down my credit at the general store, buy my bride's dress, and pretty much pay for this entire wedding, which should be under $50 all together including honeymoon to New Orleans.  This would also make it much easier to transfer to Georgia, since I would be working from home.

I went to school until I had to drop out in the sixth grade. I realized this would probably be a work-from-home type field as opposed to the traditional officer setting.  This sure would cut down on animal feed and wear and tear on the horse as my only trips during work hours would be maybe to the telegraph and to the fort.

It does have specific hours that I do have to work because I have to keep within the fort's hours and the telegraph hours.

This is a legitimate government official with a legitimate job offer.  I looked on our community's bulletin board and saw a number of their recruits.  This is a salary position, not a per diem or a pay-per-recruit compensation structure like most other army recruitment schemes which are mostly scams.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies