Atlas Campaign 2032
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:19:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Campaign 2032
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18
Author Topic: Atlas Campaign 2032  (Read 63104 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2005, 06:16:24 PM »

Don't forget about me (even though i joined much later in cronological order)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2005, 09:06:01 PM »

Don't forget about me (even though i joined much later in cronological order)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2005, 08:07:21 AM »

very exicting!
M

« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2005, 04:17:17 PM »

Dunn was definitely Israeli, and was a huge TR fan. I believe he started a TL about the same time as Harry's, but of course it ended much sooner.

I'd like to show up, too!

Can you tell me a little about yourself, policywise.

Also, how was Dunn politically?

As you may remember from my short lived campaign for senate with the UAC, I am a "moderare Hawk".
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2005, 07:48:12 PM »

Berger In the Race
By Jason Lee, New York Times

ALBANY, New York- From atop the steps at the state capitol, Governor Andrew Berger announced his intentions to run for the Presidency. The moderate Republican called for moderation and not ideological battles, saying "We must honor the legacy of President Leip by continuing in his footsteps, offering solutions and not arguments, radicalism only when neccessary, and having an open mind to everything."

Berger's announcement, coming just after he hosted an extravagent New Year's Ball at the Governor's Mansion, was not unexpected, considering he is a very popular Governor of a high-profile state. His approval rating is at 61%, and he was easily re-elected to a third term in November, recieving 57% of the vote.

Berger first was elected Governor in 2022, after he served in the Cabinet of a Democratic Governor for five years. Berger was defeated in a Republican primary in 2018 for the Senate seat being vacated by Hillary Clinton. He recieved the Republican nomination for Senate in 2028, but lost a close election, 50-49, to Senator Kevin Nation. He didn't resign as Governor, despite public opinion polls that indicated he should.

Berger has been known to have a libertarian streak, which was shown when he promoted Kenneth Emperor to Chief Justice of the state Supreme Court in 2024. He constantly has fought to lower taxes, and has worked with the state legislature to increase legal rights for gay partners. His major strength in the primaries will be his fundraising ability.

YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2005, 09:36:01 AM »

Nice! Thanks Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2005, 10:05:20 AM »

Wow, there's a lot of candidates already so far!  Could you recap who all of them are?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

Dunn was generally a quite a lefty on most issues as I recall, though I think he was hawkish on foreign affairs. I can't really recall too well.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2005, 08:07:01 PM »

Ooh, I hope I end up in here eventually.  This is cool! Tongue
same here. this is cool
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2005, 08:45:59 PM »

Defense Secretary in the Race
By Lance Tipperman, Houston Chronicle

WASHINGTON, D.C.- In a surprise move yesterday morning, Secretary of Defense Daniel Dunn announced at a Press Conference his intentions to enter the Democratic Primaries and seek the Democratic nomination for President. Secretary Dunn's announcement comes as a shock to some, who did not expect someone in the Cabinet to get in the Presidential Race, seeing as in modern political history, a Cabinet position is not a stepping stone to the Presidency.

Dunn promised to make his views on issues as clear as possible, and run as who he is, saying, "If the voters won't take me for who I am, then I'd rather not waste my time trying to be someone who I'm not." This statement indicates that Dunn intends to run a very liberal campaign. The obvious exception to this is on foriegn affairs, where Dunn, a native of Israel, is considered quite hawkish.

When former Defense Secretary John Ford left at the end of President Dave Leip's first term, Dunn, then Assistant Secretary, was the natural choice to replace him. He rose up the ladder based on a keen military and strategic vision. Many observers thought he would be a better fit for the State Department, but he soon proved them wrong, showing a detailed knowledge of everything about the military.

Despite good relations with the President, it is unlikely that Leip will publicly support his campaign, especially since rumors have it that other cabinet members may be in the running. Strong supporters of the President insist he will stay honestly neutral throughout the entire election, something that wouldn't come as a shock to those who have covered his administration.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2005, 01:47:44 PM »

could you put me in here too?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2005, 05:37:48 PM »

Don't forget about me!
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2005, 08:47:07 PM »

Kevin and jdb, be really patient, there are probably 50 people ahead of you.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2005, 10:11:15 PM »

Ok i will wait.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2005, 10:26:46 PM »

Shocking Announcement from Observatory Circle
By Carlos Veira, Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON, D.C.- In an announcement that came as a total shock to everyone in the nation's capital, Vice-President Gustaf Lundregen announced that he would week the Presidency. Lundregen adressed reporters from the Vice-Presidential residence in Washington, telling them, "the legacy of President Leip is one that can be best carried out by his Vice-President."

Lundregen's decision truly shakes up an already crowded Democratic primary. There are plenty of high-profile names in already, which would make for an unusual primary in which establishment candidates take on each other. In a normal election, a sitting Vice-President would likely have a clear field, but that is not so this time. When asked if he would drop out now that the Vice-President was in the race, New York City Mayor Boss Tweed said, "Hell no, I don't care who he is, he shouldn't and won't get the nomination handed to him on a silver platter."

It is unclear whether President Dave Leip will support his own Vice-President. Leip has a history of staying above the partisan fray, and despite having a Democrat as Vice-President, by endorsing him for President he would go into party politics more than he ever did.

Lundregen's policies themselves are relatively libertarian, and similar to those of Senator Hugh Bartlett. He is a native of Sweden, and was Governor of Minnesota before he was selected by Leip to be his Vice-Presidential nominee in 2024.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2005, 07:22:00 AM »

I will wait
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2005, 12:50:36 PM »

Don't you think we have enough candidates?  This is an extremely long list.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2005, 02:02:26 PM »

Perhaps reading the opening line of the first post in this thread will explain why it is so long.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2005, 03:18:28 PM »

Perhaps reading the opening line of the first post in this thread will explain why it is so long.

Perhaps  Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2005, 06:42:54 PM »

Leip Declines to Endorse
By Jesse Wetherby, San Francisco Chronicle

WASHINGTON-- At a press conference in the Rose Garden, President Dave Leip told reporters that he would not endorse any candidate in the upcoming Presidential election. When asked why he wouldn't support his own Vice-President, Gustaf Lundregen, Leip responded, "I selected him to be Vice-President because I believed he could do that job better than any other person. Simply because I thought he was best for one job does not translate to another."

Shortly after noon, an hour after Leip made the statement, Lundregen told The Chronicle that "While I would have liked to recieve the President's endorsement, the race will go on and I am confident about my chances." It is unclear whether being unable to recieve Leip's support will hurt him in the primaries.

Had Leip supported Lundregen, many observers say, the Democratic Primary would be much more clearly defined, with Lundregen as the clear leader. But now more candidates are expected to jump into the race, since it is still wide-open.

One candidate already took advantage of the opportunity. From the Governor's mansion in Georgia, at four o'clock PM, Democratic Governor Clay Fan announced his intentions to run for the Presidency. While it is unclear whether he would have run anyway had Leip endorsed Lundregen, the timing of his announcement suggested his entrance hinged on Leip's decision. Fan is a moderate, and often accused of having no party loyalty, but siding with whoever offers the best deal. Elected as Lt. Governor in 2022, he took over in 2025 after his superior resigned due to scandal, which Fan had nothing to do with. Opposition groups have raised questions about the Governor's sexuality, though he was still re-elected by 4% last year in the socially conservative state.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2005, 07:45:09 PM »

Woot, go Fan.

Though Governor Ilikeverin is still studying his chances for running...
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2005, 07:49:25 PM »

Oh come on Akno get to me already.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2005, 07:58:17 PM »

You have an October 20th registration, Colin, wait in line.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2005, 08:53:02 AM »

I can't wait to see what Mike Naso's presidential ambitions are.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2005, 12:55:58 PM »

You have an October 20th registration, Colin, wait in line.

I do believe I have the oldest registration on this forum short of Dave himself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies