Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:06:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 40
Author Topic: Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments  (Read 32336 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 21, 2023, 02:53:24 PM »

Hmmm ... "scientific evidence."
If it's based on science, no one in the GOP will even believe it. So (Rudy), why go there?
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #226 on: August 21, 2023, 04:12:59 PM »

Bail set at $200,000 for Trump. Obviously a drop in the bucket given his overall wealth, but not nothing.
Redban

« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2023, 05:18:55 PM »

Democrats were pushing no-cash bail so hard over the past few years. Now it’s all good
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #228 on: August 21, 2023, 05:25:25 PM »

soundchaser

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2023, 05:34:07 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2023, 05:38:46 PM by soundchaser »

Democrats were pushing no-cash bail so hard over the past few years. Now it’s all good
I’m far more interested in the bond conditions posted above, truthfully. If anything, this just shows how pointless cash bail is.

Great press conference from Trump this morning, by the way! He made his case succinctly.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2023, 07:20:33 PM »

Thursday is the big day.

Can you believe it? I’ll be going to Atlanta, Georgia, on Thursday to be ARRESTED by a Radical Left District Attorney, Fani Willis, who is overseeing one of the greatest Murder and Violent Crime DISASTERS in American History. In my case, the trip to Atlanta is not for “Murder,” but for making a PERFECT PHONE CALL! She campaigned, and is continuing to campaign, and raise money on, this WITCH HUNT. This is in strict coordination with Crooked Joe Biden’s DOJ. It is all about ELECTION INTERFERENCE!
soundchaser

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2023, 09:20:56 PM »

Thursday is the big day.

Can you believe it? I’ll be going to Atlanta, Georgia, on Thursday to be ARRESTED by a Radical Left District Attorney, Fani Willis, who is overseeing one of the greatest Murder and Violent Crime DISASTERS in American History. In my case, the trip to Atlanta is not for “Murder,” but for making a PERFECT PHONE CALL! She campaigned, and is continuing to campaign, and raise money on, this WITCH HUNT. This is in strict coordination with Crooked Joe Biden’s DOJ. It is all about ELECTION INTERFERENCE!

So has he technically already violated his bond, or…?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #232 on: August 21, 2023, 09:30:38 PM »

I don't think he's subject to that until he's arraigned.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #233 on: August 21, 2023, 10:37:00 PM »

Looks like RUDY G is gonna walk from the charges

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rudy-giuliani-claims-scientific-evidence-151225444.html

Rudy Giuliani claims he has new “scientific evidence” of fraud to prove his innocence

Former Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani claimed on Sunday that he has "scientific evidence" to support his debunked claims about election fraud in Georgia. A caller to Giuliani's WABC radio show asked the former New York City mayor how he plans to defend himself against racketeering and other charges handed up by a Fulton County grand jury last week in a segment flagged by Raw Story.

"The first thing is, I don't think I'm giving anything away, I'm just going to tell you my strategy. I'm going to follow Mark Meadows and file as soon as I do the arraignment, I'm going to file a motion for removal to federal court, which I would say almost virtually will be granted," Giuliani claimed, even though Meadows' motion is based on the fact that he was a federal official and Giuliani had no formal government role. Legal experts have expressed skepticism that Meadows, much less Giuliani, will be able to remove the case to federal court. Giuliani then vowed to prove the baseless fraud claims. "There are things we didn't present then [in 2020] because over the next couple of years, a lot of people did a lot of work and have been able to produce more witnesses and what I would call scientific evidence that is very persuasive," he said.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs&pp=ygUYd2hhdCBhIG1hcm9vbiBidWdzIGJ1bm55
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2023, 06:22:05 AM »

Republicans pushed patriotism and respect for the law for years. Now they have neither.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2023, 09:37:19 AM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2023, 09:45:53 AM »

Eastman has surrendered in Georgia.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-georgia-election-indictment-fulton-county-clark-7641b5c61dbcc39ee3f0edbe51558925
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2023, 02:46:12 PM »

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2023, 02:56:25 PM »

Thursday is the big day.

I love a guy livetwe…”truthing” (??) his indictments and arraignments. If, God forbid, I’m ever in that situation, I want to be able to add color commentary on all the socials and especially this forum.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2023, 03:18:15 PM »

Some interesting developments:

- Mark Meadows has a hearing next week on removing his case to federal court.
- Meadows's lawyers asked the DA's office for an extension on surrendering himself until after the hearing.
- Fani Willis refused, noting that the two weeks the defendants were given to turn themselves in was "a tremendous courtesy" and saying "your client is no different than any other criminal defendant in this jurisdiction".  She also said she'll start filing warrants at 12:30pm Friday for anyone who hasn't surrendered.
- Meadows has filed an emergency motion in federal court asking the judge to prevent him from being arrested before his hearing next week.

Stay tuned for further developments...
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #240 on: August 22, 2023, 03:19:05 PM »

Thursday is the big day.

I love a guy livetwe…”truthing” (??) his indictments and arraignments. If, God forbid, I’m ever in that situation, I want to be able to add color commentary on all the socials and especially this forum.

He's going to live truth the debate tomorrow too!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2023, 03:49:53 PM »

How will this compare to the OJ Simpson trial? Will Trump get the best ratings again?
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2023, 03:35:38 AM »

https://www.twitter.com/ScooterCasterNY/status/1694235229043523833

#MUGSHOT John Eastman and Scott Hall have now turned themselves into Fulton County Jail where they were processed following #TrumpIndictment4

Atlanta, we have the first mugshots of alleged participants in the Trump racketeering criminal organization.

Beware these individuals, should you see them on the street.
Redban

« Reply #243 on: August 23, 2023, 08:52:20 AM »

#MUGSHOT John Eastman and Scott Hall have now turned themselves into Fulton County Jail where they were processed following #TrumpIndictment4

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2023, 10:37:36 AM »

It seems sometimes even the most foolish rats can figure out that not only is the SS Trump sinking, but that its captain was lying about the lifeboats.

Georgia’s fake electors acted at Trump’s direction, indicted ex-GOP chair says
avid Shafer, former chairman of the Georgia Republican Party and one of the 19 defendants in the Georgia election interference case, claimed in a court filing that he and the other Republican electors who tried to falsely certify Donald Trump as the winner in Georgia were acting at the former president's behest.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #245 on: August 23, 2023, 01:40:49 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #246 on: August 23, 2023, 01:42:32 PM »

Just of clarifiction: If someone was not able to pay that sum, he or she would actually be thrown in jail?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #247 on: August 23, 2023, 01:46:44 PM »

Just of clarifiction: If someone was not able to pay that sum, he or she would actually be thrown in jail?
Yes, pending trial, although this is why businesses like Scott Hall's exist, they'll put up the money but require 10% of it as a fee. Which is still a lot of money to most people. Of course most bails aren't set this high, only for very serious charges and/or people who have a lot of money and can afford it, in this case both apply.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #248 on: August 23, 2023, 02:11:31 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar