Right-Wing cyber attacks on Healthcare.gov website confirmed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:32:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Right-Wing cyber attacks on Healthcare.gov website confirmed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Right-Wing cyber attacks on Healthcare.gov website confirmed  (Read 2423 times)
Link
« on: November 16, 2013, 02:47:58 PM »

If a site cant stand up to simple DDOS attacks its still a problem.

No website can stand up to DoS attacks.  If a website's normal traffic is large and the size of the attack is large enough the website goes down.  It's as simple as that... or am I missing something?
Link
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 06:54:50 PM »

Cyber attacks are illegal, aren't they?  Hopefully they find and prosecute these bastards and lock them up for a very long time, as they should with all hackers.

If a site cant stand up to simple DDOS attacks its still a problem.

No website can stand up to DoS attacks.  If a website's normal traffic is large and the size of the attack is large enough the website goes down.  It's as simple as that... or am I missing something?

DDoS attacks, from my knowledge, aren't that uncommon and aren't that tricky to do.  4Chan used to experience them on a weekly basis.  They usually take less than a day to fix, but good luck doing that for a government website that thousands of people are trying to access each day.

Plenty of high profile sites have been taken down by DoS attacks.  And really as far as my understanding it's just a matter of scale.  I mean the number of hits healthcare.gov is taking at baseline has to be massive.  Add to that some mischief and I can see it getting ugly real fast.

Anyway I don't adopt any new technology on day one public or private.  I wasn't planning on looking at the site for months simply because I've dealt with the likes of Apple and I know the first few weeks or months are usually a disaster.  Not sure why the government would be an exception to the rule.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies