JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:23:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted  (Read 30990 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: June 04, 2010, 02:23:11 PM »

Hey errybody!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »

I strongly support an open discussion on party bylaws. Could someone post what we already have?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 04:18:17 PM »

My only problem with JCP "primaries" is how little time there is between the end of the filing deadline and the start of the election.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 04:40:19 PM »

My only problem with JCP "primaries" is how little time there is between the end of the filing deadline and the start of the election.

That could indeed pose a problem, and is why I tend to wait as long as I can to actually have the endorsement voting.

Perhaps primaries could run concurrently with endorsement voting, if we choose to have them? Though thinking about it, I don't think primaries would be that important; the only way one JCP candidate could hurt another is it were a FPTP election, which I don't think Atlasia has anywhere anymore.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 04:29:03 PM »

I really like the Whip/Secretary ideas; I'd really like to be Party Secretary and I think bgwah will vouch for the job I'd do, I've been doing exactly that sort of thing already, from time to time.

Also, Majority Leader, woot!!! Grin
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 05:38:29 PM »

I just typed this up as the start of a full draft of the bylaws. I'll type up the rest soon. Later articles will include stuff about conventions, endorsements, and defining/regulating party membership. Thoughts?

[quote]Article I: Regulations Concerning Party Officials

Section 1: Party Officials, Defined

A. The Chairman of the Jesus Christ Party shall be the leader and figurehead of the party. He shall manage the daily activities of the party and shall lead and organize other party officials in their duties. He shall chair all Jesus Christ Party Conventions unless this task is delegated by the Chairman to another member of the party.

B. The Vice Chairman of the Jesus Christ Party shall be the deputy leader of the party. He shall assist the Chairman in all areas of party operation. He shall serve as Acting Chairman in the event of a declared absence of the Chairman, or in the interim between a Chairman's resignation/dismissal and the election of a new Chairman.

C. The Secretary of the Jesus Christ Party shall be tasked with maintaining communication within the party, to ensure that all party members are informed and kept aware of the actions and decisions of the party. He shall be responsible for maintaining a list of all JCP members, and shall assist the Chairman in preparing full agenda for Jesus Christ Party Conventions.

D. The Whip of the Jesus Christ Party shall be tasked with assisting the Chairman in recruiting Atlasians into the party as new members. He shall also be responsible for assisting party candidates with voter contact about elections.

E. The Regional Chairmen of the Jesus Christ Party shall be tasked with representing and operating the party within his region, as well as to recruit candidates for regional elections. There shall be one Regional Chairman for each region of Atlasia. A Regional Chairman must legally reside within the region in which he chairs the Jesus Christ Party.

Section 2: Bylaws Concerning Party Officials

A. All Party Officials must be members of the Jesus Christ Party for at least thirty days before their election.

B. All Party Offices shall be elected by party members during Jesus Christ Party Conventions in the months of April, August, and December. Vacant Party Offices shall be filled at the following Jesus Christ Party Convention.

C. Elections for all Party Officials must occur at a Jesus Christ Party convention and must be immediately preceded by a nominating phase of two to five days. Elections shall use Instant Runoff Voting. A simple majority is sufficient for election to any Party Office.

D. No individual may serve simultaneously in more than one Party Offices, with the exception that a party member may serve as a Regional Chairman while also serving in one other Party Office.

E. A vote to dismiss a Party Official from his Party Office may occur after one-fifth of all party members sign a petition for a vote on the dismissal of this Party Official. Immediately following the petition, the Party Chairman shall open an emergency convention with the sole purpose of holding a vote on this official's dismissal (unless the Party Chairman is the subject of the petition in question; then it shall be the task of the Party Secretary). A three-fifths vote in favor of dismissal shall be required to dismiss any Party Official.

F. If any Party Official leaves the Jesus Christ Party, is removed from the Jesus Christ Party, or does not post on the Atlas forum for twenty days without a prior declaration of his absence, he is immediately removed from his Party Office.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 07:26:38 PM »

Thanks for getting to work on this, BK.  Smiley

I don't see a need for regional chairs.  With the additional offices Badger has proposed, I think that is enough party officers.  In regions where we are skimpy (the Southeast), there is little to do.  I suggest striking 1E.

I would prefer we keep regional chairs; in regions with elected legislatures, they could be very beneficial in getting JCP slates organized and (hopefully) elected.

For example, even though the Southeast is not a JCP-heavy region at all, I did play a huge role in getting jokerman elected to the Southeastern Assembly a couple months ago Tongue

Still, putting something in about regional chairs staying vacant if the majority of the party agrees could be a good idea.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 10:45:05 PM »

Also ask in the vote if we want to keep regional chairs or not, bgwah.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 10:30:30 PM »

Aye, aye, nay

Also I'll be writing more bylaws drafts tomorrow.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »

This is pending the certification of Chairman Bgwah, but results of these votes seem to be as follows:

Question 1: 12 ayes, 3 nays
Question 2: 12 ayes, 2 nays, 1 abstention
Question 3: 3 ayes, 11 nays, 1 abstention

Pretty clear opinion from the party here, I think.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 03:06:35 PM »

Ah, apologies, I've been a bit busy with real life issues (The Tulane website wasn't letting me register for my classes next semester; I've been on the phone with six different departments trying to figure it out and only now has it been fixed. This is AFTER, of course, an adviser misinformed me that I had a block on my registration due to some sort of outstanding debt that didn't even exist).

Nevertheless, I'll type out the rest of the bylaws pretty soon.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 10:36:09 AM »

Awesome. Thanks for finishing the job for me. Advice: edit Article III to allow the party's nomination of multiple candidates for races that have multiple spots open (At Large Senator elections, assemblies, etc)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »

Aye to both
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 09:11:20 AM »

I'd like to run for Party Secretary.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 02:01:35 PM »

I'd like to also nominate myself to continue as Southeastern regional chair.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 02:02:41 PM »

I'd also like to second the nominations of Fritz and Lief.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 11:05:26 AM »

Damn. Okay, I suppose I take back my nomination for Fritz as well as my nomination for Southeast Chair. I'd still like to be SE Chair though if someone wants to nominate me Smiley and of course I encourage others to nominate Fritz.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 04:08:37 PM »

I vote for all unopposed candidates, for myself as secretary, and for oalvale as whip.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 09:47:06 PM »

Congrats Fritz, as well as everyone else that won a party office Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States