Democrats threaten to sabotage recovery rather than give up tax hike demands (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:46:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats threaten to sabotage recovery rather than give up tax hike demands (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats threaten to sabotage recovery rather than give up tax hike demands  (Read 1830 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 16, 2012, 08:31:06 PM »

So the democrats are just adopting republican tactics.

I don't think you can find a time where the Repubs threatened to knowingly plunge the nation back into recession if they couldn't get their way.  Maybe one or two Congressmen, but not a "party position".

Anyway, we saw in 2008 what the Democrats can do to the economy when they put their minds to it, so I would take this newest threat very seriously.

Did you forget the debt ceiling crap the Republicans pulled recently?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 10:48:58 PM »

Is WhyteRain still whining about how all Democrats are trying to sabotage the economy whenever they're in power, while all conservative Republicans are always perfect little angels and most certainly had nothing to do with the debt ceiling debacle? I have him on ignore, so I don't know what he's saying.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 10:26:39 AM »

Is WhyteRain still whining about how all Democrats are trying to sabotage the economy whenever they're in power, while all conservative Republicans are always perfect little angels and most certainly had nothing to do with the debt ceiling debacle? I have him on ignore, so I don't know what he's saying.
He's saying that both parties were willing to sabotage the economy.

Yes, but from what I read what I wasn't ignoring him, he seemed to think that stuff like the debt ceiling was not the fault of the Republicans. Which it mostly was.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies