The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:35:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 230350 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

« on: January 04, 2017, 06:03:01 PM »

Also, more to the point, political office is one of the very few 'professions' (if you can call it that) that requires absolutely no formal qualifications at all, so the comparison is absurd. I mean, whilst I'm in no way comparing Trump to Lincoln, it is worth noting that the sum total of Lincoln's experience of government consisted of 2 years in the House of Representatives, more than a decade prior to his Presidency. On the other end of the scale, the administration of George W. Bush was rammed with extremely experienced and 'well qualified' (going simply from their résumés) politicians and public servants, and the reputation of his administration isn't exactly high. I mean, it's quite odd that people on the left are falling back upon appeals to 'authority' as an argument for certain things - I mean the supposed experts (economists, businessmen, journalists, public servants and of course politicians) have frequently had egg all over their faces in the last decade, I think we'd all have learned not to take what people say at face value just because their entitled to the honorific 'prof'. or have served however many years in the government (this applies at any point in history, but now is a particularly applicable time).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies