The People's Party: June Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:05:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party: June Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The People's Party: June Convention  (Read 10045 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 09, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »
« edited: June 04, 2014, 08:58:14 PM by Cincinnatus »

In approximately one years time, the disbursement of The People among this great country has given us control of the Senate, and three Presidential terms.  In one year, The People’s power has loomed large, encompassing every facet of Atlasian politics.  Without an official party structure, members have successfully fought for progressive advancement, and pragmatic governance, under two Party Presidents, and several Senators.

Is it coincidence that in light of The Parties disbandment, Nix and Duke were rightfully elected President?  Where would The People be without these two championing The Cause?  Where would Atlasia be without these handsome boys, keeping it afloat?    I, for one, would rather not consider the alternative, and fortunately, we don't have to.  The influence of The People is ever expanding, and the honored responsibility to serve them has been granted to those willing to answer the call.  For we did not deserve The People's grace, but we received it anyway.

Bounded by party structure, The People lacked space to roam the political landscape, to influence the duopoly, and to spread The Movement across the political spectrum.  Demands have changed, however, and The People, eager to settle down after a long year of work, need a place to rest their head at night.  Where can we possibly call home?  The Progressive Union faces impending dissolution, and the gap between Federalists and Labor is only intensifying.  It has become clear that only one possible alternative exists.

As it was during formation, a void exists. A void exists, that must be filled by strong force of will, a cult of personality, if you will.  A heavy drinking group of young men mutually inclined to work for the benefit of this game, and to achieve policy through pragmatism, and by occassionally, getting the opposition wasted.

I leave you with the founding words of our endeavor:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The People's Platform

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 10:01:11 PM »

Cincinnati, could you possibly change Assemble to something else? When I first saw this thread I thought it said- something terribly different. Anyways everything else about it looks good, here's to the new alter-ego of the Progressive Union!

Fun fact: TPP held a Senate majority with 18 members nationally. The PUAs have never won a national election ever.

(according to oakvale, at least)

Another fun fact is that I was elected Senator as a Progressive, but I highly reccomend not talking about the Progressive Union so we can avoid potential debates, xD

PU's only lacked The People to guide them.  Now they have both party structure, and life purpose.  Ignore the empty rhetoric from a man that can't even read my display name correctly, together, The People shall prosper.

Drinks on me Gentleman. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 10:11:54 PM »

Just a nitpick on your economic policy platform - at-will employment is illegal in Atlasia, as per the Fair Labor Standards Act of 2013.

Indeed.  Clearly, this platform that was written during our original founding went a long way to ensure that happened.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 09:37:30 PM »

I'm actually curious, are we going to have a special convention or just hold a few relevant votes?

Superique raised a great point in the potential that the platform has for reform, and I think we have to see what will happen with the Vice-Chair, the Secretary and the Regional Chairmans (I assume Cincinnatus will remain as Chair). Also, is the party going to use the old by-laws or create new ones?

A formal covention will take place this weekend, whereupon all relevant issues will be addressed. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 08:59:21 PM »

Gentleman, I won't delay this glorious convention with minor pleasantries, except to say, welcome.  Many of of our old membership has returned, and the nostaligia has finally been abated.  To all the newcomers who have yet to be embraced by The People, you are an integral part of our revival, and together, a pragmatic center can stand united. 

Together, we must take the step to establish clear structure, and transparent leadership.  Everyone in this party is strongly encouraged to display independent mind, and stand firm within their strongest beliefs.  We can't however, lose sight of the fact that this party needs a unified message, one that doesn't respond independently to political rhetoric and baiting, but stands strongly behind pragmatic, civilized politics.

Tonight and into the weekend we will begin the nomination period for party Chairman, and Vice Chairman.  Simultaneously, any who wish to address the convention may do so. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 03:34:20 PM »

I am greatly encouraged by the strong support, and even more so by this push for Polnut as Vice-Chair.  I need an experienced, proven leader to help me guide this party, and this development is fantastic.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 03:20:01 PM »

I'd like to address The People shortly if it is acceptable to Them.

Without question.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 09:25:07 PM »

The only nominations seconded and accepted for Chair and Vice Chair are myself and Polnut, respectively.  If there's no objections, we will skip the formality of a vote.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 07:39:37 PM »

The only nominations seconded and accepted for Chair and Vice Chair are myself and Polnut, respectively.  If there's no objections, we will skip the formality of a vote.

Completely fine with me, and congratulations, Mr. Chairman! What is next for the convention?

We will discuss and approve the by-laws.  I should have them up tonight, or tommorrow. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 09:24:56 PM »

Below are the by-laws Polnut and I will put forth.  If there's any desired comments as to strucure, or procedure, feel free to discuss.  I will adopt the by-laws automatically if there are no objections.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 08:24:41 AM »

I would heavily advise against bothering with regional chairmen.

We can take this route, which would be fine.  However, I think everyone should understand from the outset, as Chair, I only plan to utilize this position to delegate GOTV efforts during and leading up to elections.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 09:26:58 PM »

The By-Laws are adopted as is.  Platform discussion should be the last topic we'll have to cover here.  We'll continue to do so until discussion abates.

The People's Platform

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »

These are both important considerations, but if we write this up as an amendment, they should be seperate, so that we can vote on them seperately.

Absolutely, and I think we can expand on infrastructure goals, as well as energy policy.  This portion of the platform is unneccesarily vague, in my opinion.

Obviously, I strongly support oakvale's crusade to change the name of cabinet positions.  Beyond that, I question what policy we can pursue that would fix a systemic problem.  I think a large part of the problem is the misconception of what cabinet officials are for, and the ambiguity regarding actual responsibility for the official, though restructuring bills have helped to mend this.

Additionally, I have grown to dislike this point more and more, largely considering our failure to even coordinate amendment votes;

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 05:42:27 PM »

Bump!

I am a little bit unsure as to how to proceed here, sould we propose formal amendments, delegate platform reform to a few experts...?

We're accepting formal propositions, which will be considered at the end of the convention. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 08:35:51 PM »

Excellent speech Superique.  This has taken quite a while, and I'm going to/have had a busy month IRL, so I'll  plan to compile the actual proposed amendments, and make my own Tuesday night.  This convention will hopefully end with a vote on the propositions this weekend. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2014, 05:26:05 PM by Cincinnatus »

The amendments put forth, from Superique, are as follows, and largely touched upon the key issues I was hoping for.  If anyone else who I haven't PM'd about the platform wants to introduce a change, do so by Friday.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 04:09:45 PM »

Gentleman, please vote on the following amendments to the Party Platform.  Voting will last 72 hours. 

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 08:09:52 PM »

Aye to all amendments
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 07:31:57 AM »

All amendments pass.  We'll consider this convention officially closed following the election this weekend.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 05:49:25 PM »

Dear party members and allies,

If anyone has any issues, or just wants to be involved, please feel free to message Polnut or myself.  Take it upon yourself to be involved with the party.  We're here to support the growth of our members, and become involved in any way we can.  Don't send Polnut or myself a private message ten minutes before you change parties that it is your duty to inform me of said decision.  That is all.

Have a joyful day.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2014, 05:52:15 PM »

On a side note, we'll begin our next convention next week.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 08:57:06 PM »

Welcome to the June convention Gentleman.  With the Federal election only a couple of weeks away it's time to get moving.  In opposition of formality, we will skip the whole sign in nonsense.  I encourage all members to contribute freely.  Official proceedings will begin Thursday, but party members are welcome to discuss the platform and bylaws for the duration of the convention.  If anyone wishes to address the convention, feel free to do so.

Quote from: Restricted

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 05:41:54 PM »

Per our Party bylaws, the following candidates are automatically endorsed for the Federal election:

President/Vice President:  sirnick/Dallasfan
ME Senator: ben

Any non-party members who wish to seek The People's endorsement for federal races have 48 hours to declare.   
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 06:00:22 PM »

Party members, we will now vote to endorse [or not endorse], Maxwell for IDS Senate.  This vote will last until this time Wednesday.  Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 08:05:03 PM »

Maxwell is endorsed for Senate.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies