OSC House Model
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:55:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OSC House Model
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OSC House Model  (Read 362 times)
voice_of_resistance
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.34, S: 5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2020, 06:29:46 PM »

Check out this new House model from OSC Elections, a bipartisan group of Yale students who have strong stats backgrounds.

https://oscelections.shinyapps.io/OSCElections/

Currently, projected for D+10 GCB with D+7 seat gain. TX-32 is currently the tipping point although I'm sure it could change.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 08:04:03 PM »

Appears to be a very good model, ratings seem very sensible.

Just some are kinda surprising, I really doubt CA-25 should be treated as Likely Republican?
voice_of_resistance
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 08:14:58 PM »

Must be using Garcia's overperformance relative to demographics and trends to inflate his vote share. Overall, I think this is a good model though.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 08:16:57 PM »

Decent model. As other have pointed out I disagree with CA-25, and it seems a but bullish to Ds overall, but with the way things are heading it certainly is possible.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 08:53:34 PM »

A bit skeptical of IN-5 being Dem favored,  maybe a tossup district sure, but 56% chance to flip seems really generous.

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 09:11:53 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2020, 09:57:08 PM by Oryxslayer »

A bit skeptical of IN-5 being Dem favored,  maybe a tossup district sure, but 56% chance to flip seems really generous.

In general the percentages see to be oriented in a very steep bell curve. Moving 1% from one candidate to another shifts the percentages drastically.

Also, yeah, CA25* is the statistical error, since it looks like they are using the previous election as a baseline, and the previous election is the weird special one.
voice_of_resistance
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 09:19:36 PM »

A bit skeptical of IN-5 being Dem favored,  maybe a tossup district sure, but 56% chance to flip seems really generous.

In general the percentages see to be oriented in a very steep bell curve. Moving 1% from one candidate to another shifts the percentages drastically.

Also, yeah, TX25 is the statistical error, since it looks like they are using the previous election as a baseline, and the previous election is the weird special one.

How is TX25 an error? Most ratings places seem to put it at Likely R.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 09:57:21 PM »

Also, yeah, TX25 is the statistical error, since it looks like they are using the previous election as a baseline, and the previous election is the weird special one.

How is TX25 an error? Most ratings places seem to put it at Likely R.

CA25*. My bad.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 10:00:35 PM »

I like it and its ratings. A bit skeptical of SC-02 tbh but I'd love to see them kick out Mr. "YOU LIE" with someone who clerked on the Dylann Roof case.

Also, map of the "Titanium seats", where there's either no challenger or it's rated as 100% chance to win the seat.

https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=2oci

Dems: 159
Reps: 76

That's pretty substantial.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies