Brian Schweitzer continues to be awesome (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:20:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Brian Schweitzer continues to be awesome (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brian Schweitzer continues to be awesome  (Read 7367 times)
Averroës Nix
United States

« on: April 20, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »
« edited: April 20, 2012, 01:54:32 PM by Averroës Nix »

When Newt says undrstanding Kenyan colonial mindset is important to understand Obama's father's worldview he is attacked as racist... this is very similar but is embraced

But that's not what Gingrich said:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Anyway, while his statement isn't quite as ridiculous and inappropriate as Newt's, I do think that Schweitzer's comment was out of line, if only because there's not much reason to believe that Romney's grandparents are the key to understanding his Mittness. I don't care about his grandparents; I do care about the religious beliefs that the man actually holds.

For the record, I believe that a candidate's religious beliefs should be subject to scrutiny, and I agree with what greenforest states in his characteristically caustic way. Or at least, that would be ideal. As it stands, a large chunk of the electorate insists that candidates demonstrate that they are bona fide religious. Skirting the issue entirely is a practical necessity for the irreligious/non-religious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies