France General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:20:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 40
Author Topic: France General Discussion  (Read 132647 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: September 14, 2009, 12:04:40 PM »
« edited: September 14, 2009, 12:07:34 PM by Benwah »

http://www.france24.com/fr/20090914-france-bien-etre-mesure-croissance-economique-stiglitz-sarkozy-rapport

In English:

http://www.france24.com/en/20090914-france-advocates-new-ways-measure-growth-based-well-being-gdp-stiglitz-report-nobel-economics-sarkozy-statistics

Everything is good to seduce the opinion. The Left/Right stuff is really screwed in terms of ideas, and Sarkozy is really a populist, if we are very indulgent we could say he is pragmatic here, but well...

It's funny how he really turns into leftist speeches when it's about all what concerns the crisis, haha, Sarkozy, the best ally of Besancenot. "If nothing changes, people will be right in revolting themselves", he kept repeating this since the beginning.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #401 on: September 14, 2009, 03:19:06 PM »

It's funny how he really turns into leftist speeches when it's about all what concerns the crisis, haha, Sarkozy, the best ally of Besancenot. "If nothing changes, people will be right in revolting themselves", he kept repeating this since the beginning.

That's AL's thing since Day 1 of their existence.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #402 on: September 14, 2009, 03:23:24 PM »

Sorry for my ignorance but here I think I need an explanation for what "AL" means?

Don't think that's one of them:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/AL

Grin
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #403 on: September 14, 2009, 03:44:31 PM »

Sorry for my ignorance but here I think I need an explanation for what "AL" means?

Grin

Alternative libérale, France's libertarian party.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #404 on: September 14, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »

Grin

Alternative libérale, France's libertarian party.

Haha, them, yes, I know who they are, why the hell I didn't have their acronym in mind??! Grin

Héhé, yes, that's right, they are a bit on that too. Still about that big mix, I remember about Dupont Aignan saying to José Bové in a show on France 3, before euros iirc "you know, I think we're not so far...". The Left/Right stuff is really screwed in terms of ideas. Postures, attitudes, that's what's on.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #405 on: September 14, 2009, 04:48:34 PM »

Well, the point being that personally I think that we wouldn't have seen that fast growing up of MoDem (about 60,000 adherents within a few weeks, that's something) if it had been something ideological, so I don't put into the fact that the MoDem is the place of the "real centrism" and of some "real centrists". (come on, will you now believe the story telling of Bayrou??! Grin).

Bayrou's brand of centrism is exactly that. It's non-ideological whining. Bayrou isn't a Christian democratic moderate Europhile centrist anymore.

The MoDem ain't having anything to do with the brand of centrism professed by the MRP or UDF in the good old days.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm sorry, but I don't find an boring whiny idiot an interesting politician. All the guy is good at is complaining about how everybody's wrong and mean.

This guy offers nothing concrete.

Exactly my point. If the MoDem is made of these peope, they won't be pleased to see the MoDem become PRG version 2, if it does come to that (unlikely, but still).

Demographically, they could be fighting the same middle-class well-off urbanite base, since the MoDem map in 2009 has little to do with the old UDF map except Aveyron and Lozere maybe.

40% of MoDemers being centre-right? Not anymore, my friend.

It will be hard since everybody on the left is an egomaniac who hate each other. Good luck getting everybody from the Stalinist Gremetz to the devout Catholic Bayrou to agree on anything, lefties or not.

Well, yeah. Left-right is more of an attitude and old thing than an actual clash of ideologies. In some countries, they're about the same though not in France yet. 
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #406 on: September 14, 2009, 05:08:22 PM »

"devout Catholic Bayrou"...
Sorry to disagree, Hash Wink
He says so, but many of his social and value behaviours and ideas are really contrarian to Catholicism.
In fact, it's worse from him than from Mélenchon or Morano...
Bayrou is able to betray DEEPLY what he tries to make the Catholics believe.

Another minus on a long list...

Really, among the 4 "mad-list" (Royal, Villepin, Bayrou, Sarko), my final is definitely Bayrou-Villepin. Royal is really better than them.
At least, her ambition is straight and her stupidness is a smiling one...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #407 on: September 14, 2009, 05:35:39 PM »

Well, the point being that personally I think that we wouldn't have seen that fast growing up of MoDem (about 60,000 adherents within a few weeks, that's something) if it had been something ideological, so I don't put into the fact that the MoDem is the place of the "real centrism" and of some "real centrists". (come on, will you now believe the story telling of Bayrou??! Grin).

Bayrou's brand of centrism is exactly that. It's non-ideological whining. Bayrou isn't a Christian democratic moderate Europhile centrist anymore.

The MoDem ain't having anything to do with the brand of centrism professed by the MRP or UDF in the good old days.

I'm sorry, but I don't find an boring whiny idiot an interesting politician. All the guy is good at is complaining about how everybody's wrong and mean.

This guy offers nothing concrete.

Well, actually, listen to good interview of him, made by good journalists. This guy is able to think, to have some distance, to clearly expose some arguments and to legitimate them and to place them in perspective with the reality. He's just a very bad tactician in politics, and yes, has annoying attitude, I've always acknowledged all of this, and as said, I always said this compared to others, go to find what I spoke about in Sarkozy, even Strauss Kahn, though you may be aware about that, seems you're aware our political leaders are not that "great" today.

Second, about the old UDF, well, if you effectively listens to these interviews you could see that everything is still here in him, and very well displayed by him. The point being just what we seem to be agree on: "who care about all of this today??" who care about all these old references, about all these old politician ways which appear as non senses in the world of today. Bayrou has, of course, as all politicians in France, even Dupont-Aignant I think (so to say), felt that and knows that today the politics the question of attitude we spoke about, so he appears as a very poor politician.

Exactly my point. If the MoDem is made of these peope, they won't be pleased to see the MoDem become PRG version 2, if it does come to that (unlikely, but still).[/quote]

If the MoDem is made of these people they just don't care about this leaning to the left, especially given the fact I think most of them would lean to the left, given that Bayrou mainly personifies a leftist sensibility/attitude.

40% of MoDemers being centre-right? Not anymore, my friend.[/quote]

If you mean that there are more left, then you would comfort me in my vision, I said "big maximum", I'd very easily give more place to the left in MoDem.

It will be hard since everybody on the left is an egomaniac who hate each other. Good luck getting everybody from the Stalinist Gremetz to the devout Catholic Bayrou to agree on anything, lefties or not.

Hmm, Gremetz, come on, let's talk about vibrant things (and especially Gremetz, who does this man represent except himself??). Well, the left is screwed today, right? There will be an other election (regionals) and then let's go for the primaries, and this will last say about 1,5 year. This is a huge occasion for the left to make up its mind and to use such an important thing, large primaries, to make merge something. The left side of this country is an orphan today, and the anti-right feelings are more and more presents, so (far-left possibilities put aside) this is a big occasion for left to find a new way to exist in this country, it's currently more than ever killing what it has been, once they would have done the most damages they could to themselves, and they already done a big part, they could just find a new way to answer to this leftist side of the country which more than ever wants something efficient and wants something new.

That's why I think these primaries could really work and could really give a big movement on the left, UMP style. I also think that pink wouldn't necessary be the biggest color, the Green clearly shows having some accuracy in the world of today, and they speak of concrete things which make sense for people, so, if Greens know how not to stay technical too much and too emotionally seduce the electors by some kind of story telling, they could take the left too. Orange as a major color would be surprising and would mean that Bayrou participates to primaries and win it, which would seem very unlikely, especially to win it, and if he doesn't participate to it, he's done alone now, so he seems to be done anyways now, so Orange would be surprising. For me, by the day of today, the most likely to win such primaries would be Cohn Bendit (he said he wouldn't go, and maybe he won't but well, it remains time and events to come, you never know, he is in a positive dynamic today) or Royal (she got everything about today's politics, she just has to appear has a bit more decent than stuffs she did since she lost presidentials, she would have time to do that, people forget quickly, especially when they are conquered by emotions), or ultimately Duflot, she improved herself very much since she has been at the head of Greens, but well, she would have to improve still more, and quickly to hope something in some primaries. Hmm, Royal could very much manage to take the Green color for herself, and to put in some story telling, so that the left would become "royalist", as a new denomination referring to a new mix of "ideas" (postures).

I'd be very surprised they continue to screw themselves in these primaries, or only if either Greens, or MoDem, or NPA very quickly put the hand by their own on most of the left side of  this country, which would surprise me.

All of this is still to me suspended to what could happen in case of either a new economical mess, or an anger gaining the country (actually, anger is growing, I don't know how it will express itself ultimately, but an resentment is growing in average people), or some major geopolitic troubles, Iran/Israel with us in Abu Dhabi still in top of the list for this to me.

Well, yeah. Left-right is more of an attitude and old thing than an actual clash of ideologies. In some countries, they're about the same though not in France yet. 

[/quote]

Yes, as Eric Zemmour said this country surely remains the most political one on earth, in terms of ideologies, I would found it valid, and that's also why I think we are almost alone to have a so strong far-left in West, which is the better representative of what can be an ideology, but it is very quickly ended, to me, very quickly... 2007 is a wonderful example of this.

He says so, but many of his social and value behaviours and ideas are really contrarian to Catholicism.

Another minus on a long list...

Really, among the 4 "mad-list" (Royal, Villepin, Bayrou, Sarko), my final is definitely Bayrou-Villepin. Royal is really better than them.
At least, her ambition is straight and her stupidness is a smiling one...

I think you should listen to the interviews I spoke about too, not to the soup that most of the journalists offer us, and into which politicians, unluckily enjoy rolling themselves in it...

Concerning Royal, euh, people actually believe in her, ion her strong populism, Royal is some very bad populism, she exploit the most she can the worst threads, remember her behavior in Antilles during crisis there?? "souvenons-nous de la révolution française", ouais, souvenons-nous ma jolie, ça évitera balancer des bêtises et ça invitera à avoir de spropos un peu plus responsables (sorry, it's me who said we shouldn't speak French here...) actually, to me, she's the worst here...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #408 on: September 14, 2009, 06:04:58 PM »

IMO, MoDem is simply an instrument in Bayrou's move from right to left.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #409 on: September 14, 2009, 06:43:55 PM »

I wasn't referring to his ideological standings today, obviously. The guy goes to church every Sunday, he ain't an atheist in practice.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #410 on: September 15, 2009, 01:47:02 AM »

I wasn't referring to his ideological standings today, obviously. The guy goes to church every Sunday, he ain't an atheist in practice.
You're right: sociologically, he's a devout Catholic.
But he's what we call "une grenouille de bénitier"... Wink
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #411 on: September 15, 2009, 07:08:16 AM »

In Quebec we say "un mangeux de balustre". Grin
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #412 on: September 15, 2009, 07:32:37 AM »

Bayrou can be criticized on a lot of realms, and I've done it, speedy and unfair judgments, which is how I see it, are useless...
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #413 on: September 15, 2009, 08:15:56 AM »

Bayrou can be criticized on a lot of realms, and I've done it, speedy and unfair judgments, which is how I see it, are useless...

Huh
I don't want to spend time and, what is more, to bother forumers with religious matters (as it's not very trendy here Wink), by studying each one of his positions, but I can assure you that Bayrou does not AT ALL abide by Catholic principles in his public life....
Politically and "sociologically", it may be unfair, if you want.
But theologically, it's not unfair.

And don't think I'm trying to make an ad for Boutin or Villiers, as the latter isn't coherent with Catholicism either (in another way, of course...) and as Boutin isn't any longer a significant force in French politics (she's over, all the more that she won't be deputy again).

And if Bayrou says he's laïc, so he must NOT refer to his so-called Catholicism AT ALL.
(and, granted, Royal should stop to take Jesus' sentences...)
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #414 on: September 15, 2009, 08:36:50 AM »

Huh
I don't want to spend time and, what is more, to bother forumers with religious matters (as it's not very trendy here Wink), by studying each one of his positions, but I can assure you that Bayrou does not AT ALL abide by Catholic principles in his public life....
Politically and "sociologically", it may be unfair, if you want.
But theologically, it's not unfair.

And don't think I'm trying to make an ad for Boutin or Villiers, as the latter isn't coherent with Catholicism either (in another way, of course...) and as Boutin isn't any longer a significant force in French politics (she's over, all the more that she won't be deputy again).

And if Bayrou says he's laïc, so he must NOT refer to his so-called Catholicism AT ALL.
(and, granted, Royal should stop to take Jesus' sentences...)

Well, you could certainly debate far better than me about the Catholics' theology and where is Bayrou in that. But to put a "Grenouille de Bénitier" sticker on Bayrou which has an actual  reflexion about his Catholic filiation and which knows how to put in perspective with his political engagement, which has only been displayed in rare interviews, I found it a bit easy. Concerning its political behavior, I don't really see how there is something wrong with his religious filiation, he never refers to this filiation in the political debate, never, so this reproach can't be done to him, each time he does it, it is to speak about him, about his path, period. I'm not here to make his barking dog, but when I find he is unfairly attacked, while he has actual personal qualities, I feel the need to respond.

After that, yes, he has an irritating behavior, and irritating attitude, I agree with that, and i think I always acknowledged it. But please don't join the Sarko gang who display a kind of almost hate toward Villepin and Bayrou just because both them can have some irritating attitudes, and because they are not very clear on their positions. Nobody is clear today, it's just these both are not in the usual chairs... And these both seem to me to be far more interesting than Sarkozy and Royal, the 2 biggest populists of our country, the 2 king of postures here. Let's listen to Royal, and let's see what have been the great personal ideas of Sarkozy (should I mention the biggest examples again?).
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #415 on: September 17, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »

A few things:

http://cache.20minutes.fr/img/photos/20mn/2009-09/2009-09-15/article_desirssego.jpg

http://www.vistawallpapers.com/img6558.htm

That is all.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #416 on: September 18, 2009, 12:31:16 AM »

So Ségolène is wanting to become a wallpaper. Good, since I never heard a wallpaper talking.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #417 on: September 18, 2009, 07:14:24 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2009, 07:19:48 AM by Benwah »

Well, don't know if it has to see with it, but, wanted to check the website, I went on, and it's still loading for a few minutes now...

Oh, loaded, what I can say it is that the website is not like on 20minutes' picture.

Anyways, reserve your Saturday guys! Tomorrow it's "Fête de la Fraternité"!

(...the f**k that such a word..."Fraternité" (brotherhood)...is so badly used...)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #418 on: September 18, 2009, 07:18:22 AM »

Oh, loaded, what I can say it is that the website is not like on 20minutes' picture.

Obviously. They changed it. They're not that dumb.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #419 on: September 18, 2009, 07:34:52 AM »

Well, not sure they once had a website like on 20minutes' picture, the website I'm on now is just the exact same on i went on some time ago.

Do you have the link to the article of 20 minutes about that?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #420 on: September 18, 2009, 08:11:51 AM »

Oh ok, everything is explainable now.

They just made a new homepage for the site at "deisrsdavenir.com", the former address hasn't it. And well, now maybe you could get why it was as cheap as taking some vista wallpapers, read the top:

http://www.desirsdavenir.com/

After all, that's normal, a woman who gives her own being to her people, could just give her site to them... Grin
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #421 on: September 18, 2009, 08:30:44 AM »

Well, not sure they once had a website like on 20minutes' picture, the website I'm on now is just the exact same on i went on some time ago.

Denial?

The website with that background was shown briefly on the France2 JT a few days ago. Just search any old news outlet. I'm not making this up.

They changed it to a nicer version once they had seen the massive criticism and jokes it had made.

There is even a 'desirs d'avenir' generator online now.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #422 on: September 18, 2009, 08:36:03 AM »

Denial?

The website with that background was shown briefly on the France2 JT a few days ago. Just search any old news outlet. I'm not making this up.

They changed it to a nicer version once they had seen the massive criticism and jokes it had made.

There is even a 'desirs d'avenir' generator online now.

Oh, I haven't followed that story, I can just see, and you could through the last link I gave that, that on the top of the page of the site it is written that the wallpaper would regularly change and this according to a "participative" method. To me it could have explained the fact that there were a simple vista wallpaper before, cheaply done by some fans. Though, maybe this rule came after, dunno, anyways may they enjoy themselves to do whatever they want with their site..;
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #423 on: September 19, 2009, 10:48:34 AM »

I had the bad luck of falling of Ségogo's speech at the Fête de la Fraternité. She took her drugs this morning, that's for sure.

Words cannot express this lady's utter stupidity and cluelessness.

It's live on BFM TV, which can be seen on http://www.election-politique.com/

tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #424 on: September 19, 2009, 10:53:22 AM »

I had the bad luck of falling of Ségogo's speech at the Fête de la Fraternité. She took her drugs this morning, that's for sure.

Words cannot express this lady's utter stupidity and cluelessness.

It's live on BFM TV, which can be seen on http://www.election-politique.com/

Thanks, had forgotten that stuff...

Will watch. (If I can stay till the end)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies