4th quarter fundraising #s (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:51:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  4th quarter fundraising #s (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 4th quarter fundraising #s  (Read 15845 times)
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« on: January 03, 2016, 04:55:12 PM »

"disingenuous broad"

I know it's fashionable for Atlas posters to hate women, but the sexism in this place is getting pretty ridiculous.

Oh my goodness, you aren't serious.

Disingenuous: insincere, dishonest, untruthful, false, deceitful
Literally every virtue that can be tied to Hillary.

Broad: An early 20th century slang term used in a critical fashion towards a girl someone usually wouldn't like.. usually a "liar" or a "cheater", .etc. Also popular around Italian Americans & such for attraction.

In this context, she qualifies for both. It isn't offensive to anybody but Rachel Maddow. Anything else that offends you?

Broad is a term used similarly to "whore", "slut", "skank", "witch", ect, other terms used to put down women and only women to snipe at their character by pointing at their sexual activity. Show some respect for once in your life.

Same with the word gay. Even though it does in fact mean "happy and cairfree" it has become synonomous with being homosexual. For example, when someone in school calls another student "gay", the teacher isn't going to say "Well, he probably just meant it in the sense of him feeling happy."
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 06:00:41 PM »

Broad is a term used similarly to "whore", "slut", "skank", "witch", ect, other terms used to put down women and only women to snipe at their character by pointing at their sexual activity. Show some respect for once in your life.

We both know you are sniffing out something to be offended or upset about.

It truly is not that deep, nor do you actually care outside of political world.

You would not call your mother a "broad" after loosing to her in a board game. It means much more than "liar" or "cheater".
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 03:38:20 PM »

94% of Clinton's donations were $100 or less and 60% were from women. Pretty impressive.

Could you provide a link? I'm not saying I doubt it, I just want to know the site. Also, now that Sander's numbers are out, what did those look like (how many were men/women, how many were below x amount)? I looked around but couldn't find anything.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/01/politics/hillary-clinton-fundraising-100-million/index.html

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/hillary-clinton-fundraising-totals-2015-217284

Towards the bottom in both articles.

Thanks, do you know when/if the Sander's campaign released an similar breakdown for their numbers? I didn't see anything when I looked around a couple of days ago, but it seems like you know where to find these sorts of things.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies