Opinion of Oslo's decision to phase out the use of private cars in city borders? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:33:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Oslo's decision to phase out the use of private cars in city borders? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FD

HD

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Opinion of Oslo's decision to phase out the use of private cars in city borders?  (Read 1711 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: November 01, 2015, 02:52:20 AM »

I don't know about Oslo, but the concept of car-free areas in European cities is not a particularly new one - nearly every city here, mostly in the narrow medieval city parts, but not only, has pedestrian-only areas, and they can be quite extensive relative to the city's size. I'm guessing this project in Oslo might go one step further than is the norm thus far in Europe, but the idea is not really that brand new and/or radically shocking.

I obviously think this is a very Freedom Thing to do.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 03:43:08 PM »

sounds like it's just in the downtown area.  do they have plans for what the people living their do with their cars?

Probably give them some parking spot outside the no-traffic area. Given the usual demographics of a European downtown-dweller, this should not be too many though Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies