Department of Federal Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:17:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections  (Read 72918 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: April 12, 2019, 03:45:49 PM »

When's the next federal election? Is it too late to move regions and vote in a new region?

Next federal election is next weekend actually. From a quick read at the rules, it's not too late to change regions.

If you plan on moving and I'm reading the rules correctly, you have until Monday to move to Fremont. The South is more lenient and allows you to move as late as Thursday.

However, the sooner the better of course, and if you moved this weekend you would be able to vote. You would also be able to run if you wish as well!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 04:16:34 PM »

When's the next federal election? Is it too late to move regions and vote in a new region?

For Federal Elections (House and Senate) there is a 7 day residency requirement, so it is already too late - the Election starts next Friday.

Thanks. I'll wait until after the election to move, then.

I'm not happy that Lincoln has adopted a parliamentary system. As an independent who will always remain so, it gives me zero chance at advancement. So I'm either going to move to the only region that doesn't have a stupid Parliament or deregister.

We will be sad to see that you are leaving the region Sad

However, I disagree that a parliamentary system gives less chances of advancement. Independents have a hard time both in parliamentary and presidential systems.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 07:44:20 PM »

WARNING! Do not vote until 0:00 EST (1:00 EDT)! You will have 72 hours in which to vote - there's no rush!

REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA - In Dave We Trust
Official Ballot

READ THIS FIRST

1. The election will last 72 hours, starting at 0:00 EST Friday June 21 and ending 0:00 EST Monday June 24.

2. You are eligible to vote in this election if you have made 10 posts on the Atlas Forum in the past 8 weeks, have registered as a voter with the Registrar General more than 7 days before the start of the election, and have not had your voting rights stripped as a result of deregistration or a court verdict.

3. You must vote by ranking your choices in the order of your preference: 1 for your first preference, 2 for your second preference, and so on. You may write in preferences for candidates not on the ballot. If you only wish to preference one candidate, marking an X next to the candidate's name or simply writing the candidate's name is sufficient, provided that you do not wish your vote to transfer to other candidates.

4. If you do not wish to vote for any candidate on the ballot nor to write in a candidate, you may vote for None of the Above as your first preference. All candidates ranked under None of the Above will not receive those preferences during the counting of the votes.

5. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it within this thread. Deleting your ballot at any time or editing it after 20 minutes will result in the invalidation of your vote.

6. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification. While the alphabetically-ordered ballot below is provided for your convenience should you wish to quote this post, you may order the candidates on your ballot however you would like.

PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT OF ATLASIA

[  ] Adam Griffin/Jimmy7812
Labor Party

[  ] TexasConservative (Young Texan)/vern1988
Federalist Party

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - NINE SEATS

[  ] alancia of Tennessee
Federalist Party

[  ] fhtagn of Alaska
Atlas Conservative Party

[  ] JacksonHitchcock of California
Independent

[  ] JGibson of Illinois
Labor Party

[  ] lfromnj of New Jersey
Federalist Party

[  ] MB298 of West Virginia
Labor Party

[  ] razze of Florida
Peace Party

[  ] ReaganClinton20XX of Connecticut
Independent

[  ] Tea Party Hater of California
Federalist Party

[  ] Wulfric of Puerto Rico
Labor Party

[  ] YE of Nevada
Peace Party

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above

Kingpoleon fails to make the ballot, as his running mate failed to declare by June 14. If I get sued and it requires that the election is delayed, so be it.

This is unconstitutional, I'll see you in court.

A declared or write-in candidate in a presidential election may only run as part of one ticket, indicating such in the Candidate Declaration Thread, or through his or her vote in the case of a write-in candidacy. A declared or write-in candidate in a presidential election must have a declared Vice Presidential candidate in order to be a valid candidate.

In fairness to Wulfric, he did say it was unconstitutional. If it really is unconstitutional, then the Federal Electoral Act is irrelevant.

I would also make a further (weak) argument that the FEA is somewhat internally inconsistent.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 11:25:22 AM »

There is a minor typo on Deadprez's ballot line. Nothing important but worth pointing out.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 01:11:43 PM »

BREAKING: SoFE Peebs rigs the election in plain sight! Deeply disturbing developments!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 08:38:14 AM »

I should note that an official certification is required by Noon on Friday.

What happens if the results are not certified by then?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 11:58:48 AM »

In an interesting note, this huge drop in turnout almost completely cancels out the inflation of the last YT election. Though it is still the third highest turnout election.

Although this election was probably on the lower side turnout wise and I think October will have higher turnout. It felt like both sides left votes on the table. Plus the new system might have made things slightly harder for voters
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 03:49:07 PM »

Is that the case? My very vague recollection back from the 'death points' days was moderators only had a list of posts that had been deleted by moderators, rather than by the user, but I was never a mod so my memory may be failing me.

This is a very recent change I believe. I think the "recycling board" as it is called was only properly implemented in 2020. As late as 2019 an election I was running in which involved a similar scenario (double posting + deleted ballot) we were forced to depend on well timed screenshots and testimony from people who saw those ballots.

Although perhaps one of our resident mods or admins could say more.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2021, 08:01:02 AM »

Yikes, 75-49. For some reason I thought this election had actually been close-ish
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies