Election 2020: The Game! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:24:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2020: The Game! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election 2020: The Game!  (Read 80932 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« on: July 22, 2016, 01:54:54 PM »

Since Kingpoleon switched to Tim Ashe as a primary to Clinton, I'll play as Sen. John Kasich (R-OH).
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:03:09 PM »

Just wondering, who are the new Republican Senators from Florida, Missouri, Indiana, North Dakota, West Virginia and Virginia elected in 2018?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 02:17:43 PM »

Also, who is the Governor of Ohio?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 01:06:31 AM »

Just wondering, if Tim Ashe is Congressman, did Welch vacate his seat to run for Governor or Senator? Or was he primaried out/defeated by an Indy/VT Progressive run of Ashe. Also, did Kasich face any major opponents in the primary? If so, who? And what was his margin of victory in the Senate race?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 01:52:32 AM »

Just wondering, if Tim Ashe is Congressman, did Welch vacate his seat to run for Governor or Senator? Or was he primaried out/defeated by an Indy/VT Progressive run of Ashe. Also, did Kasich face any major opponents in the primary? If so, who? And what was his margin of victory in the Senate race?
I had Welch resign in either 2017 or 2018 due to health problems. He'll turn seventy in 2017.
Interesting. Does Ashe run as a Democrat, VT Progressive, or Independent?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 02:18:46 AM »

I had Welch resign in either 2017 or 2018 due to health problems. He'll turn seventy in 2017.
Interesting. Does Ashe run as a Democrat, VT Progressive, or Independent?

I'd assume the endorsements of the first two.
That's what he'd probably do. Thanks!
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 10:26:44 PM »

Kasich for US 2020
Westerville, Ohio - July 24, 2019

Thank you, people of Ohio for all your support. It has been my pleasure representing you. While in Congress, I led the budget committee in the 1990's when we balanced the budget. After my tenure in Congress, I returned to the private sector. In 2010, after one term of Ted Strickland's disastrous governorship, which saw no economic growth in our state, many jobs lost, and a deficit rise up to $8 billion, I decided to return to politics and run for governor. After a tough race, we won. While in office, I took the state from an 8 billion dollar hole to a 2 billion dollar surplus, and eliminated the state's estate tax. During my time in office, Ohio also saw a 9.3% increase in private sector jobs.
In 2014, I was reelected governor by a large margin, carrying all but two of the state's counties. In my second term, I continued to cut taxes while boosting state funding for higher education and allocating much-needed money to maintain and repair our state's infrastructure. I also fought the opioid epidemic in Ohio by making naloxone, a life-saving antidote available without a prescription. By the end of my second term, I maintained very high approval ratings, higher than any other governor in the midwest.
In 2018, when I was term-limited, I decided to run for the US Senate to return to Washington to introduce legislation that will do what I did for Ohio for the whole county. I defeated incumbent Sherrod Brown by a comfortable margin, uniting conservatives and moderates as well as attracting significant crossover support. Hillary Clinton's presidency has done nothing to our country but continue  Obama's spending policies that keep increasing our national debt. America cannot afford another four years of Hillary Clinton, so I am pleased to announce that I am running for President of the United States!
Remember that we are not a nation of Republicans and Democrats, we are all Americans. Unlike Donald Trump three years ago, I will unite people rather than divide. Many people are worried about the direction our country is headed, but my campaign will provide light and hope. And we will be united to win the White House! Our campaign is positive and we look ahead to the bright future of America under the Kasich administration! We will end out-of-control spending, balance the budget, welcome new legal immigrants, repair our infrastructure, and defeat ISIS!
It's time for new strong, honest, and effective leadership that can unite America! I believe I can get support from people all across this nation so I can serve as commander-in-chief of this great nation. Thanks and God bless!
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 11:17:30 PM »

To post an image, click on the picture of an image (below the I), and it will type  for you. Type the URL of the image between.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 09:35:51 PM »

I didn't expect Tim Scott to drop out so early. So must the responses to these breaking news be included in our original schedules?
Maybe Ted Bessell is doing it so he can focus on being the leader of the game?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 12:11:55 AM »

John Kasich for President: Week of 9/21-9/28[/center]
Events include breakfast and dinner with a group of voters, meet & greet/town hall, and interview with local news anchors.

September 21st, 2019
Des Moines, IA

September 22nd, 2019
Cedar Rapids, IA
Then, fly to Manchester, NH

September 23rd, 2019
Manchester, NH

September 24th, 2019
Manchester, NH

September 25th, 2019
Nashua, NH

September 26th, 2019
Concord, NH

September 27th, 2019
Windham, NH

September 28th, 2019
Loudon, NH
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 05:24:00 PM »

John Kasich 2020 Campaign Schedule: Week of September 29

September 29: After spending time in New Hampshire for half of the previous week, Kasich decides to fly south into South Carolina, where his poll numbers have been weak. His first stop in the state is the city of Charleston, Sen. Tim Scott's hometown. In hopes of picking up some of his former supporters, Kasich praises Senator Scott.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

September 30: The next day, Kasich moved on to the state's capital city of Columbia, where he held a large rally. The highlight of his rally was his foreign policy speech (response to North Korea military exercises):

October 1: On his third and final day of his South Carolina, he held a town hall, meet and greet, and lunch in the city of Spartanburg. After spending the first half of the day in Spartanburg,  he moved to the nearby city of Greenville to spend the evening and wrap up his tour of South Carolina.

October 2: Moving on to another southern state, Kasich held an event in Knoxville, TN. In response to Kennedy considering retirement, Kasich said to the friendly church-going, God-fearing people of Eastern Tennessee

October 3: Heading west, Kasich visited Nashville, TN. In the Music City, Kasich held his largest rally so far of the 2020 cycle, and campaigned across town. In the afternoon he held a fundraiser where he raised a large amount of money.

October 4: Before leaving the South for Nevada, Kasich makes one last stop in Memphis, where he campaigns across the city. In Memphis, he meets and greets residents across the different neighborhoods of the city, and speaks in front of a local reporter. In this diverse, urban city, he focuses on race relations and law enforcement.

October 5: After spending six days in the South, Kasich begins campaigning in Henderson, NV, where he recently opened a campaign office, along with four others in the state (Las Vegas, Carson City, Reno, Sparks). He held a fundraiser, where he also made a speech about the economy (response to the stock market).
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »

Is that me or am I the only one waiting for posts and news? I find this game amusing and I'm worried about this game's future.
I'd like to continue, but if Ted doesn't have the time to, I respect that.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 04:15:48 PM »

BREAKING NEWS

Major Announcement from the Kasich Campaign

Thank you. Thank you very much. A few months ago, we started our campaign. And I would like to thank all of you for your support. It has been my pleasure traveling across the country and meeting great people. Four years ago, I was one of seventeen candidates in a historically large and diverse field. This year, the field was not as large. But our party still has a long, divided primary season ahead this cycle. Three years ago, as a result of the bitterly-fought primaries that divided our party through the general election cycle, we suffered a massive loss in the election, giving us four more years of the weak policies of the Obama administration. Because I do not see a very clear path forward, I am announcing that I will be suspending my campaign for president to keep the field from being too divided. I will not make an endorsement during the primary season, but I will support the Republican nominee. Now that I am suspending my campaign, I will return to the US Senate and serve out the six year term I was elected to serve, and work to balance the budget and get America on the right track there. I look forward to working with a Republican administration next year. Thank you and God bless.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies