SENATE BILL: The "You can't fire me, I quit!" Act of 2013 (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:46:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The "You can't fire me, I quit!" Act of 2013 (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The "You can't fire me, I quit!" Act of 2013 (Law'd)  (Read 2449 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« on: November 11, 2013, 08:18:29 PM »

I would definitely like to hear the pros and cons of this.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 01:31:21 AM »

Do we need employment insurance at all after Nixcome?
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 07:58:36 PM »

Absolutely. Nixcome alone will not provide for the kind of money that laid off folks need in order to maintain a decent standard of living.

While that's possible, we'd be increasing government payouts to the unemployed rather substantially. In other words, their quality of life would be much better with the unemployment now than with the same unemployment insurance before Nixcome. The question becomes how much quality of life should we guarantee to those who voluntarily leave work, or are fired for due cause, and that's a much more difficult question to answer.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 10:42:10 PM »

Absolutely. Nixcome alone will not provide for the kind of money that laid off folks need in order to maintain a decent standard of living.

While that's possible, we'd be increasing government payouts to the unemployed rather substantially. In other words, their quality of life would be much better with the unemployment now than with the same unemployment insurance before Nixcome. The question becomes how much quality of life should we guarantee to those who voluntarily leave work, or are fired for due cause, and that's a much more difficult question to answer.

I don't think it is, honestly. It's pretty clear cut to me that we should guarantee that every person at least doesn't starve, regardless of whether or not they chose to leave their job or got fired.

Is Nixcome not sufficient? I would rather go back and increase Nixcome payouts specifically if that were the case.

Honestly, my view here is that if we're going to have a basic income guarantee, let's make it stick by making it substantial enough that we needn't interfere any longer. I would rather do that than pass a bill which seems to only protect people who have been fired with cause (since we've eliminated at-will employment).

No, my response was in part to you as well! I just didn't quote you. My bad Tongue
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 06:07:24 PM »

Aye
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 07:55:45 PM »

Aye, although it looks like we're heading to a redraft
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies