Re-elect Jimmy7812 for House (February 2019)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:35:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re-elect Jimmy7812 for House (February 2019)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Re-elect Jimmy7812 for House (February 2019)  (Read 1198 times)
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2019, 11:39:36 PM »
« edited: January 28, 2019, 10:12:04 PM by Esteemed Speaker Jimmy7812 »

Hello! I am running for re-election to the House for a fourth term. As always, I will be an active representative, and hopefully serve as Speaker again in the next Congress.

If you want:

✓ An active representative
✓ Criminal justice reform
✓ Funding for education and other educational programs increased
✓ Greater energy independence and more renewable energy
✓ A cleaner, less polluted environment
✓ Game reform
✓ Better, safer gun laws
✓ Modernized infrastructure
✓ More, and higher paying, jobs
✓ Taxes reduced on the poor and middle class, and increased on the wealthy

Then I hope you consider re-electing for me.

-Jimmy7812

Full Platform:

Criminal Justice Reform - We need our justice system to focus more on rehabilitating criminals whenever possible so we can reduce our problem of mass incarceration.

Defense Spending - We need to cut unneeded defense spending.

Deficit - We need to reduce the deficit with a combination of economic growth, spending cuts, and changes to the tax code.

Education - We need to increase the amount of education funding given to schools and other educational programs.

Energy - We need to reduce the use of fossil fuels by increasing the investment in renewable energy. We need to provide workers in the fossil fuel industry the opportunity to receive training to work in fields related to renewable energy.

Environment - We need to find ways to decrease pollution in all forms, as climate change is a serious issue.

Foreign Policy - Non-interventionist with the exception of either us or our allies being directly threatened by a country or other military force, and short-term missions for humanitarian reasons in countries where human rights are being severely violated.

Free Trade - Free trade is good as long as it is fair trade. Trade agreements need to protect Atlasian jobs and include labour, human rights, and environmental conditions.

Game Reform - We should find ways to increase game activity and consider different ideas like a Parliamentary System and amendments to the Constitution and other laws that regulate gameplay. I support allowing citizens to petition for referendums at the federal level and redesigning the federal ballot to allow candidates to include a short statement about themselves to help voters make the best choice.

Gun Control - Ownership of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines should have more requirements and comprehensive background checks should be required for all gun purchases.

Infrastructure - We need a national program to inspect, repair, and maintain our infrastructure.

Jobs - We need a national job training program to increase the skills of our citizens when they otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity to do so.

Taxes - We need to reduce taxes for the poor and middle-class, and raise them on the rich and wealthy.

Endorsements:

Big Abraham
Devout Centrist
Dipper Josh
Harry S Truman
HenryWallaceVP
JacksonHitchcock
JGibson
matthew27
Mike Wells
New Frontier
NOTTYLER
Peanut
Pericles
politicalmasta73
PSOL
Razze
Scott
tack50
Vern
Wulfric
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 11:41:31 PM »

Endorsed for second pref!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 12:00:54 AM »

Proudly endorsed-keep up the good work!
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 12:40:09 PM »

From the period I have seen you as Speaker, I've noticed you have qualities commendable in your position: active, principled, able to keep debate and motions flowing despite picayune arguments or objections from whatever or whoever they arise.

Therefore, endorsed!
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 01:11:52 PM »

Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 02:43:29 PM »

From the period I have seen you as Speaker, I've noticed you have qualities commendable in your position: active, principled, able to keep debate and motions flowing despite picayune arguments or objections from whatever or whoever they arise.

Therefore, endorsed!

Thanks for the endorsements! Smiley
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 08:20:56 PM »

Endorsed
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 08:23:14 PM »

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 09:01:56 PM »

Endorsed!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 09:22:59 PM »

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 10:48:49 PM »

Endorsed.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 10:56:52 PM »

Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 05:56:54 PM »

I took part in an IDC Interview.

Interview with Speaker Jimmy7812

Thumb21: I am here today with House Speaker Jimmy7812 of Labour to discuss his campaign for re-election and other political developments.

Thumb21: Good evening Representative, how are you?

Jimmy7812: I'm doing well. The past few months as a representative and serving as the Speaker have been a great experience. And I'm glad for the opportunity to take part in this interview.

Thumb21: Good to hear! What would you say are your biggest legislative achievements in your time so far in the house?
Jimmy7812: As of the today my newest bill, the "Ending Employer Restrictions Act", is on track to easily pass in the House. I'm proud to have sponsored and helped pass the "Right to Work Repeal Act of 2018" and the "Resolution to forgive Cambodian food aid debt" in the House so far this Congress. One of my most important actions so far as a representative was sponsoring the "Continuing Resolution to Avoid Shutdown" and getting it passed in the House in order to prevent a government shutdown, in the face of an effort by several others to stop it.

Thumb21: Moving forward, what priorities do you have for the next term if you are re-elected?
Jimmy7812: My main priorities are getting a good budget passed and getting several more bills like the "Ending Employer Restrictions Act" passed to benefit workers. I also hope to introduce a few new ideas for game reform including possibly some Constitutional amendments. Serving as Speaker has been a good experience for me in and I hope I can be elected Speaker for a third time. Keeping debate active as possible and making sure the House operates efficiently without any backlogs has been a major goal of mine.

Thumb21: In your platform, you spoke about increasing gun control regulations. Could you expand on what measures you'd like to see put in place?
Jimmy7812: I support reimplementing a ban like the Federal Assault Weapons Ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. I also support more comprehensive background checks and longer waiting periods for gun purchases.

Thumb21: In your platform, you said that you want to see more focus on rehabilitation and reducing incarceration rates. Could you expand on this?
Jimmy7812: Recidivism and incarceration can be reduced through a risk/need assessment of offenders and individual counseling to attempt to solve the root issue of why they committed the crime(s). Finding ways to better support newly released prisoners to keep them from wanting or feeling like they need to commit a crime needs to be done, which includes helping them get a job and find a stable place to live long-term.

Thumb21: What is, in your view, the biggest problem facing Atlasia and what can be done to address it?
Jimmy7812: The biggest problem facing Atlasia is inactivity, which can only be solved by making the atmosphere of the game better. There is so much conflict and fighting in the game, and that is caused by people from both sides. New players seem to be only welcomed when they are in the "right" party, instead of welcoming them all. Finding ways to educate new players about the game instead of disparaging them when they do something in the wrong way or for no real reason at all will go a long way towards a better game and more activity.

Thumb21: Three quarters of the way through his term, what is your view on the President's performance?
Jimmy7812: Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in the President's performance. I'm glad the administration has found a way to end the North Korean Civil War and sign several good bills into law. And his cabinet and council appointments were good choices. But I do think the President could be more active in terms of speaking out for legislation, or proposing ideas and such. I hope he can rebound in the last quarter of his term.

Thumb21: Aside from your own candidacy, what are your thoughts on the upcoming regional and national elections?
Jimmy7812: For President, I have my full support behind the Sestak/YE ticket in February. Both Sestak and YE have a record of activity, with Sestak as PPT and YE as First Minster in Fremont, who has made the Fremont Parliament more active than ever. I support everything listed in their proposed "Atlas Deal", which if implemented will greatly improve Atlasia. Regarding regional elections in Fremont, I am supporting Scott for First Minister, who I think will do a great job. I am also supporting Galaxie, iBizzBee, JacksonHitchcock, OntarioProgressive, and RFA09 for Parliament.

Thumb21: Ok Representative, that's all the questions I have. Thank you for your responses and best of luck!
Jimmy7812:  Thank you for the opportunity to take part in this interview.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »

Endorse to win a seat! You are active and we need active people.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2019, 09:03:10 PM »

Endorsed for reelection!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 09:03:54 PM »

Endorse to win a seat! You are active and we need active people.

Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 09:38:39 AM »

Endorsed!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 02:09:48 PM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 02:24:02 PM »

I commend your admirable service in the People's House. You have my full support in your upcoming reelection.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 02:24:54 PM »

I commend your admirable service in the People's House. You have my full support in your upcoming reelection.

Thanks for the endorsement! Smiley
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 02:58:01 PM »

Part of my platform includes finding ways to help workers find better jobs. My "Ending Employer Restrictions Act" which just passed the House helps do that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

People's House of Representatives
Passed in the House of Representatives 8-0-0-1

[/quote]
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2019, 12:38:32 AM »

(chanting) Two more months! Two more months!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2019, 03:31:16 PM »

(chanting) Two more months! Two more months!

Thanks for the endorsement! Smiley
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 10:57:08 AM »

Endorsed.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812