Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:01:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 307205 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« on: October 07, 2005, 11:50:41 AM »

Yeah I'm here. I, constitutionally, can't do anything, though, unless Emsworth is away so my position is nearly useless. Emsworth has the overall authority to control the bill debates, decide which amendments to dispose of, and when to start votes. I only do it very rarely and when it is needed.
On the contrary, you are perfectly at liberty to act whenever you please. The Senate rules allow it.

Oh good. I thought the Constitution limited me to a purely secondary role.

Nope.  In fact, the OSPR really gives you primary control over internal Senate affairs.  Smiley
That's why i was wondering.

Emsworth is by far the most active VP we've had so far, and when I was PPT, he routinely took action so fast that I never had a chance to do a thing.

That's how I'm starting to feel about Jas.  Man, that guy is efficient Tongue
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 01:39:38 PM »

Yeah I'm here. I, constitutionally, can't do anything, though, unless Emsworth is away so my position is nearly useless. Emsworth has the overall authority to control the bill debates, decide which amendments to dispose of, and when to start votes. I only do it very rarely and when it is needed.
On the contrary, you are perfectly at liberty to act whenever you please. The Senate rules allow it.

Nope.  In fact, the OSPR really gives you primary control over internal Senate affairs.  Smiley

Emsworth is by far the most active VP we've had so far, and when I was PPT, he routinely took action so fast that I never had a chance to do a thing.

Hey, I thought we had an agreement about not badmouthing each other in public!

But I was complimenting you! Tongue
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 01:52:22 PM »

Hey, I thought we had an agreement about not badmouthing each other in public!

But I was complimenting you! Tongue

Very well, long may it continue. Cool

As long as you keep up the good work Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies