Louisiana Nov 16, 2019 Run-Off Election Results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 10:44:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Louisiana Nov 16, 2019 Run-Off Election Results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Louisiana Nov 16, 2019 Run-Off Election Results thread  (Read 44553 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: November 17, 2019, 11:40:32 AM »

I compared JBE's overperformance from 2016 in each parish compared to that of the state as a whole (which was 22.24%). That is, it's a comparison of what he actually got vs. what he "should" have gotten had there been a uniform swing. The results were wild.

https://i.imgur.com/0ovnq9P.png

So Edwards did worse, relatively speaking, than Clinton in much of rural LA. That is... not what I was expecting. At all.

"Relatively" being the key word.  No county gave JBE a worse result than Clinton had.  In LaSalle, JBE nearly doubled support compared to Clinton's very poor showing but the county is still red in that map.  I don't know how much in the rural areas black turnout declined compared to whites; that would make a difference in some places in the north.  In the south, Lafayette suburbs didn't swing to the Democrats nearly as much as suburbs in the eastern part of the state, or around Lake Charles (judging by the swing in Calcasieu).  Very rural Cameron Parish though went from 8.75% Clinton to 24.7% JBE.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies