Why is this dumbsh**t President? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:53:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is this dumbsh**t President? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is this dumbsh**t President?  (Read 4133 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: February 07, 2006, 03:03:48 PM »

That guy Carson with the 50 ACU rating landslided in Oklahoma.

Er, are you saying that a liberal Democrat would have done better?

I'm not entirely sure why you're not mentioning Brad Henry, a conservative Democratic Oklahoman who got elected to office and who currently enjoys both approval ratings of over 60% and a lead of +17 over his likely Republican opponent in 2006.

Should we boot out Henry and bring in a liberal Democrat?

Governors/mayors are less polarizing. NYC is in its 4th term of a Republican mayor, but so what?

You were giving examples of conservative Democrats who lost (in Republican states) and comparing them to liberal Democrats who won (in Democratic states), as if to say that liberal Democrats are better at winning elections than conservative Democrats in general.  I'm saying that this is a rather unscientific analysis, given that you're not even attempting to take into consideration the differences between Oklahoma and New York.  A better comparison would be to take Carson and pit him against a liberal Democrat in Oklahoma and see who wins.

It should also be noted that Carson did 7 points better than Kerry in Oklahoma and actually managed to win more than zero counties.

Add to that Carson simply ran a bad campaign.

If Carson had run a good campaign, he should have lost by no more than 5 points.  I simply think the numbers were against him in the long run, however, and I think winning the race in 2004, specifically, would have been close to impossible.

If jfern wants to nominate a liberal Democrat in Ok, expect to receive under 35% consistently.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies