when will reilgous influence die on a politcal level?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:58:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  when will reilgous influence die on a politcal level?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: when will reilgous influence die on a politcal level?  (Read 3132 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2016, 12:24:58 AM »

Never.

It's honestly pretty funny that Atlas is dreaming of some random future where atheistic (or Christian-In-Name-Only) norms are the only ones present in politics, while in the real world, Roe vs. Wade is set to die as soon as Ginsburg leaves SCOTUS.
ProLife opposition to Roe V. Wade has nothing to do with religion.

Yes it does, at least for many of us. 

I know of a number of pro-life atheists and used to be one myself. If anything, the pro-life position comes more naturally under an atheistic worldview than a Christian one.

Fair enough, but I was just saying that religion has a big influence on many folks' opinions of abortion, myself included as a staunch pro-life Christian.  I certainly don't deny that there is a strong contingent of secular pro-lifers as well, however.
Make My Bank Account Great Again
KingCharles
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2016, 01:12:06 AM »

I know of a number of pro-life atheists and used to be one myself. If anything, the pro-life position comes more naturally under an atheistic worldview than a Christian one.

This applies to me. I'm an atheist and I'm personally pro-life, but my political view is a pro-choice stance.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2016, 10:36:05 AM »

Religions, even if they don't call themselves religions (Marxism, nationalism, worship of money being three particularly noxious example), will always have influence on politics.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2016, 04:53:27 PM »

I'll go so far as to say that because science, by the very nature of reality, can only collect and analyze data from "existence," and any God would have created existence, there will ALWAYS be a very substantial percent of the population that hypothesizes our reality may have been created by a higher being, and there will NEVER be a scientific discovery to disprove that entirely.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2017, 07:04:49 PM »

"Religious influence" could mean very different things. Some of these aspects might well disappear in the US (as they have in some European countries), but others won't as long as there will be religions.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies