How Democrats Can heal the Schism in Their Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:01:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How Democrats Can heal the Schism in Their Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Democrats Can heal the Schism in Their Party  (Read 3216 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« on: July 10, 2017, 10:45:23 AM »

Good article. They can help themselves by getting off this identity politics train and moderate their message to actually reach out to people not in auto-Dem states. Not everyone lives in an urban-suburban environment, is agnostic, pushes ID everyday, and has sufficient revenue to do $15 or more for minimum wage, hangs with computer programmers and pushes the newest iPhone, etc. 

Get rid of the techno-urban elitist image and voters, esp. the needed indies will flock to them in 20. Granted I am an indy and voted against Trump, albeit very hold your nose for HC style. Get someone that voters don't have to reluctantly vote for.

since you prefer throwing out not just identity politics (whatever that is meant to be) but most of the party program, what exactly should the democratic party stand for then in your opinion, contrary to the republican party?

(besides the point, that the democrats ofc need their urban voters to come out and vote)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 02:09:25 PM »

It's not "identity politics". It's civil rights. If anyone is playing identity politics, it's the GOP.

Except when the GOP does it, they win. When the Dems play it, they come across as SJWs and "out-of-touch big city elitists that we don't take too kindly to around here" Just saying...

i would appreciate an answer to my question above Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies