Regional Protection Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:58:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 65
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 164375 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: November 27, 2008, 07:10:26 PM »

Yeah, I've never been to Vermont either. Seems like a beautiful place to live though.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #476 on: November 28, 2008, 10:32:01 AM »

Now taking applications for Northeast chair
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #477 on: November 28, 2008, 03:35:38 PM »

Something momentous has happened! Smiley With the appointment of Smid to the Northeastern Judiciary, a majority (10 out of 19 to be precise) of RPPers now hold public office!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #478 on: November 28, 2008, 07:17:17 PM »

Something momentous has happened! Smiley With the appointment of Smid to the Northeastern Judiciary, a majority (10 out of 19 to be precise) of RPPers now hold public office!

What? Two governors, two senators, two lt. governors, one vice-president, one judge, one assemblyman, where does the other one come in?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #479 on: November 28, 2008, 08:03:18 PM »

What? Two governors, two senators, two lt. governors, one vice-president, one judge, one assemblyman, where does the other one come in?

Keelhaul it all, it seems I put Ben on the list twice. Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #480 on: November 29, 2008, 03:12:04 PM »

Once all the parties have declared their candidates, I'll set up a booth so we can make the official party ballot
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #481 on: December 01, 2008, 05:17:04 PM »

Endorsement

The RPP endorses CultureKing in his bid for re-election as Pacific governor
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #482 on: December 02, 2008, 09:24:30 PM »

Orders of Business

1.) Still taking applications for Northeast chairman
2.) Sometime midweek next week vote on endorsements for senate
3.) Should we ever release the bylaws or continue to drive Xahar by not?
4.) Do I need to hold any elections of some sort?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #483 on: December 02, 2008, 09:29:21 PM »

Why exactly do we need a new Northeastern chair?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #484 on: December 02, 2008, 09:30:12 PM »

Smid resigned the position when he became CJO, conflict of interest in his opinion and I agree with him
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #485 on: December 02, 2008, 09:40:07 PM »

Smid resigned the position when he became CJO, conflict of interest in his opinion and I agree with him

Ah. Since RB has disappeared & Generic is no longer a member of the RPP, I guess Driedapples is the only option left here.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #486 on: December 02, 2008, 09:40:46 PM »

I don't see how.  I'm Governor, but I'm also Regional Chair.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #487 on: December 02, 2008, 09:43:41 PM »

Just a question: What's the point?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #488 on: December 02, 2008, 09:48:17 PM »

I dont think that Smid would have had to resign his regional chair. Any cases that could have possibly involved him in this region (which never happen), I believe he would remain fair. If for some reason he didnt, the Governor could just dismiss him.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #489 on: December 02, 2008, 11:49:41 PM »

One could always recuse himself from the case if it is a conflict of interest.

Post the bylaws, just so the link for RPP Bylaws is blue and exists instead of being red and not existing in the wiki.

Wait until the filing deadline for endorsements, though how we vote should be obvious once the candidates list is final.

I don't think we have to hold elections for anything unless any of our chairmen vacate their seats.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #490 on: December 03, 2008, 08:29:16 AM »

I don't see how.  I'm Governor, but I'm also Regional Chair.

I would note that the difference there is that the Governor is a political position, and is a party leader in a particular region. The CJO role is unpolitical and unpoliticised and I felt it best that I step aside to avoid any accusation of impropriety.

I dont think that Smid would have had to resign his regional chair. Any cases that could have possibly involved him in this region (which never happen), I believe he would remain fair. If for some reason he didnt, the Governor could just dismiss him.

It wasn't so much that I had to but rather I felt it the right thing to do. I think I could remain fair, but I think it's important to not just be fair, but to also be seen to be fair. I wouldn't think poorly of a person who didn't step aside if they were in a similar situation to me, that's just the standard to which I choose to hold myself.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #491 on: December 04, 2008, 04:45:16 PM »

Anyone want to have a convention for December or just in February?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #492 on: December 04, 2008, 05:08:52 PM »

I doubt we need one for just a Senate race. There isn't a Presidential race or anything going on, is there?

We can just have an election dinner or something like that where we all speak about the region. It's been a slow few months, so I doubt we have anything to talk about for a full fledged convention.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #493 on: December 04, 2008, 06:27:17 PM »

I doubt we need one for just a Senate race. There isn't a Presidential race or anything going on, is there?

We can just have an election dinner or something like that where we all speak about the region. It's been a slow few months, so I doubt we have anything to talk about for a full fledged convention.
Good idea.  I say we hold something similar to CPAC, just a formal get together of the RPP to discuss important issues.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #494 on: December 04, 2008, 07:36:41 PM »

Good idea.  I say we hold something similar to CPAC, just a formal get together of the RPP to discuss important issues.

If y'all happy to travel up to Vermont, I've got a lovely place up here and am more than happy to hire a chef to cater for a small dinner of party representatives.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #495 on: December 04, 2008, 08:16:56 PM »

If y'all happy to travel up to Vermont, I've got a lovely place up here and am more than happy to hire a chef to cater for a small dinner of party representatives.
And so it is done
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #496 on: December 04, 2008, 08:18:28 PM »

And so it is done

Let's have it in College Park, hosted at the Governor's Mansion.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #497 on: December 04, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »

And so it is done

Fat chance.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #498 on: December 04, 2008, 08:19:27 PM »

Too late, already made it in Vermont Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #499 on: December 04, 2008, 08:20:19 PM »

And so it is done

Fat chance.

Really?  The Governor, Superior Court Judge, and 1 member of the Assembly are here, as well as a Founder, and the VP.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies