Why Is Hillary Running Left? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:50:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why Is Hillary Running Left? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Is Hillary Running Left?  (Read 2982 times)
muon2
Atlas Icon

« on: May 01, 2015, 02:03:11 PM »

Reginald, you seem to be looking for far more detail than one should expect from a pundit of any political stripe. Recombining everything at the level of the CD will probably turn up in a graduate student's thesis before too long. Look at the work and time Griffin is putting into his county-level analysis of white Dem support in 2012. A professional political analyst writing for a website isn't paid to take that amount of time, so until there is a research paper one is limited to nationwide analyses. That said, I have to add that Trende does a much better job of using real data to model across elections than most pundits.
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »

I disagree with the premise. Hillary has always been a liberal. The myth of the "far right neoliberal" Hillary Clinton is just that: a myth.

She always sounded more liberal than Bill during his terms as Pres, so I tend to agree IceSpear. It's the continued existence or lack thereof of an Obama coalition in the article that has merit in discussion. It's that part I'm happy to entertain on this board.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies