Future of the Ulster Unionist Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:40:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Future of the Ulster Unionist Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Future of the Ulster Unionist Party  (Read 4174 times)
M

« on: May 06, 2005, 07:01:37 PM »

If not dead, nearly so. What would happen if the UUP merged with the Tories and the SDLP with Labour, LibDems try to begin organizing a presence in NI. Sinn Fein and DUP would be somewhat analogous to PC and the SNP except much stronger in the home region and mutually antagonistic, of course. Could such a scenario establish a more "normal" NI political structure within the next two cycles?
M

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 03:17:05 AM »

I tend to think many Unionists would vote Tory and hang any costs just because they're seen as the most "patriotic" and "traditional" party. As Gibraltar would surely do if it could vote for parliament.
M

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 03:37:26 AM »

I tend to think many Unionists would vote Tory and hang any costs just because they're seen as the most "patriotic" and "traditional" party. As Gibraltar would surely do if it could vote for parliament.

On a purely economic level, Labour would win in a landslide among both Catholics and Protestants. 

An Ulster Unionist P. is a D.U.P. voter with a better suit, some land and a better accent.  I love broad generalizations:)

Like that voting is based on pure economics? So did Marx.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies