Hear Kerry speak French! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:45:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Hear Kerry speak French! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hear Kerry speak French!  (Read 4635 times)
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« on: October 20, 2004, 05:57:19 PM »

The French are generally a rude, arrogant, perverse, thoroughly disgusting people, who probably post to much on message boards, but what does this have to do with Kerry.

I suggest you read the "All about Yourself" thread here before you reply:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.phptopic=10322.15

You know, you really shouldn't stereotype the French so badly. I try to correct my fellow Canadians when they make such blanket anti-American comments based on stereotypes, but you do nothing to dispel these stereotypes with your own bigoted comments.

And Kerry's accent was easy to follow. Rather similar to mine, or most of my somewhat bilingual friends. Only one of us can do a decent French accent in French.
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 11:23:58 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2004, 11:31:54 PM by volrath50 »

The French are generally a rude, arrogant, perverse, thoroughly disgusting people, who probably post to much on message boards, but what does this have to do with Kerry.

I suggest you read the "All about Yourself" thread here before you reply:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.phptopic=10322.15

You know, you really shouldn't stereotype the French so badly. I try to correct my fellow Canadians when they make such blanket anti-American comments based on stereotypes, but you do nothing to dispel these stereotypes with your own bigoted comments.

Before you comment any further on my "stereotype," I think you better look at my bio on the "All about yourself" thread under "Individual Politics."  You might see the humor in the post.

That you're part French? I thought you posted the broken link to lend legitimacy to your anti-French claims, not humour. On so many boards I've seen so much true, racist, anti-French sentiment, it gets to the point where I believe most is genuine, rather than joking.
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 06:22:54 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2004, 03:30:10 PM by volrath50 »

It is, however, nice to know that there are brave Canadians out there to protect us poor French folk against all those nasty "bigoted" Americans  perpetuating"stereotypes."  :-) 

That's what happens when you take French for 8 years in school. I've got too much invested in this language to see it insulted. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies