2050 electoral votes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:44:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2050 electoral votes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2050 electoral votes  (Read 6152 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« on: December 17, 2017, 03:55:11 PM »
« edited: December 17, 2017, 09:15:06 PM by Skill and Chance »

Agree. I see us as a Likely D, Virginia-sized state with a whole lot of single-issue-climate-change-policy voters, maybe Louisiana is like this too (just with a much smaller total population), and to a lesser degree NC and VA

I could see a dystopian scenario where the Gulf Coast states are all near unanimous D with half their current EV due to single issue climate change voters, but 2050 is way too soon for that.  I could see it in 2100, though. 

When it comes to New England, I think there could be a big divergence of trends between CT and MA and the other states.  Dem improvement with white college+ voters should be able to completely lock down CT and MA even if working class whites in New England start voting like they do in Appalachia (which is not remotely impossible). 

Also, I wouldn't rule out Texas crossing California for 1st place in population by the 2050 census, though it probably won't happen until 2060-2070.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 10:14:07 PM »

Moderate PA republican vs Huey Long esque democrat from the south.
I would have thought the entire South would be Democratic in this scenario.
Atlanta flipped GA, and the republican vice president elect was a sitting senator from Tennessee (who still barely carried his own home state, and managed to outrun the top of ticket by something like 7 points.

I assume CA was a swing state that barely went for the Dem in this scenario?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies