Should it be illegal to have more than $10k in cash without government approval? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:36:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should it be illegal to have more than $10k in cash without government approval? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should it be illegal to have more than $10k in cash without government approval?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Should it be illegal to have more than $10k in cash without government approval?  (Read 2099 times)
David S
Junior Chimp

« on: January 02, 2008, 01:59:10 PM »

It shouldn't be illegal and as far as I know it isn't.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 11:09:54 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2008, 11:12:37 PM by David S »

When my daughter graduated from college she decided to buy a new car. She used her savings from summer jobs and I kicked in the rest. Anyway she wrote a check for the whole price of the car. The dealer informed us that they had to notify the FBI (I think) because she paid cash as opposed to financing it, and the amount was over $10k. Apparently the government thinks only drug dealers can afford to buy a car without financing it. There wasn't really any problem doing it. Its just that the dealer had to notify the FBI.

But what a bunch of crap! Government doesn't trust people who pay cash. It used to be that paying cash was a sign of fiscal responsibility. But today our asshole government thinks its a sign that you're a dope dealer.  Same government that invented fiscal irresponsibility.

BTW if dope dealers can smuggle drugs into the country what makes government think the same people can't smuggle drug money out?

BTW 2 why the hell haven't we secured our borders if its so important to stop drug traffic? Government knows there are drugs being smuggled across the border daily. Could it be that there are people in our government who are profiting from it?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies