Obama '10? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:18:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Obama '10? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama '10?  (Read 4990 times)
ill ind

« on: January 21, 2008, 01:18:19 PM »

Muon

Obama and Michael Madigan disagreed on who to back fo State Treasurer in the last election, not Comptroller.  Obama backed Alexi Giannoulias and Madgan Stu Umholtz.  Madigan still appears steamed that Alexi wiped out his candidate.  I believe that both backed Danny Hines for Comptroller even though he ran against Obama for Senate in the 2004 Dem primary.

That aside, I agree with you--I see Lisa Madigan running for Governor and Obama staying put in the Senate.  A Blagojevich/Madigan primary would be an interesting race.  I find it hard to believe that given his poll standings Blagojevich would attempt to run in 2010, but given his ego, I sure wouldn't be suprised.

Ill Ind
ill ind

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 08:58:05 AM »

Muon

You know, I messed this up too.   How easy it is to forget the downticket also-rans here in illinois.  Stu Umholtz was the GOP candidate against Lisa Madigan for Attorney General.  It was Paul Mangieri who Michael Madigan endorsed against Alexi Giannoulias in the Dem primary for State Treaurer.   I see that the State Democratic Party Website finally lists Giannoulias as one of its own.  For a long time he wasn't on there.  Obviously Chairman Madigan was still sore that his chosen candidate got the boot.  Anyways, hopefully, the facts are finally straight.

To keep on topic, I see Lisa Madigan running in 2010 and not Obama. 

Ill Ind
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies