1960 Popular Vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:04:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  1960 Popular Vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1960 Popular Vote  (Read 6527 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 18, 2009, 01:07:34 PM »

There was no massive voter fraud in Illinois. There was *some* fraud in Illinois, by both sides, but nothing out of the ordinary. "Illinois stolen in 1960" is an urban legend, in part a consciously fabricated one.
When you get to heaven one day (not anytime soon, I trust), you'll find out that Nixon actually carried Illinois in 1960 by 1,328 votes.  You'll also learn that Kennedy similarly lost Missouri by 845 votes and barely carried Texas by 3, 205 votes.

Wish I could be there to see the look on your face, but I'm guessing I have reservations in warmer climes.

Unusually specific numbers you have there. Any particular source or calculus you're relying on here?

Even assuming for sake of argument you're correct, neither Nixon nor Kennedy win an electoral majority (263 Kennedy to 259 Nixon), thus throwing the election to the overwhelmingly Democratic House and, presto, Kennedy still gets elected.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 04:48:12 PM »

I think you should turn your sarcasmometer up, badger. Smiley
D'OH!! Sorry. Crappy day at work disables that sometime. :-(
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies