NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:06:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
Author Topic: NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!  (Read 50150 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: August 12, 2018, 11:27:28 AM »

It's unfortunate that so many of the red and burgundy avatars here are celebrating the fact that Ocasio-Cortez rejected the debate offer. It was within her rights to do so, but to evade debate with someone on issues such as these isn't the best way to win the respect of others. And yes, I have seen the posts about the debate offer to Shapiro. That still doesn't change my overall point. People on both sides of the ideological debate who chant slogans and do "soft" interviews, but do not engage in substantive debates, undermine their own credibility.

Lol, you are becoming a caricature of a moderate hero.

It is politically dumb for anyone to debate someone who isn't on their level (and Shapiro isn't on AOC level. She is going to congress, while he trolls college kids on twitter and does a podcast).  

Are you mocking me? Be advised that I don't take too kindly to ad hominem attacks, and such attacks are the easiest means by which I add someone to my ignore list. I will not dignify the rest of your post with a comment.

Lol, go ahead and put me on your ignore list. I don't give ****.

Of course you don't. Your foul mouth is very much like many of the other posters on here. On to my list you go.

Please put me on your ignore list as well, thank you very much.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #701 on: August 12, 2018, 08:12:42 PM »

It's unfortunate that so many of the red and burgundy avatars here are celebrating the fact that Ocasio-Cortez rejected the debate offer. It was within her rights to do so, but to evade debate with someone on issues such as these isn't the best way to win the respect of others. And yes, I have seen the posts about the debate offer to Shapiro. That still doesn't change my overall point. People on both sides of the ideological debate who chant slogans and do "soft" interviews, but do not engage in substantive debates, undermine their own credibility.

If Ben Shapiro wants to debate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, he should get elected to Congress. Then, as two Members of Congress, they could face off on Meet the Press or something like regularly happens.

What political candidates randomly debate nobodies?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies